DragonCon APM 2003

Started by Samoa, April 02, 2003, 01:34:49 PM

Okay guys... drawing nearer to an affordable time to make a membership call.  Four day memberships, up until May 15th, are $50.  Right now, my confirmed list is pretty slim.  Could you guys *please* help me flesh this out?  Remember, DragonCon is Friday through Monday, August 29th - Sept. 1st, 2003 (148 days away as of this posting) in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.  This does NOT coincide with the Toronto-con and Westercon.  So if you have the means, you CAN come to both.  That said...

Confirmed:
Samoa
Varak
Drunken Salarr
Ender
Tortall
J0ram
Chronicle

Possibles:
Bhagharva
Morgenes
Kronibas
Miss Cheryl and her Naatok
The Mysterious X

and THAT'S IT.

This is, obviously, not APM material, so could someone *please* confirm with me if they intend on attending?  Thanks, guys...
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I'll deffentally be there. Dunno about the Con, since right now I have other, more important, stuff to spend my nonexitant money on, but I will be crashing at Jon's for the weekend and just hanging out.

-Tortall, who needs a shower.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

It is 'possible' that Naatok and his Mistress Cheryl will be in attendance.  I would love to go, but at this time I cannot be more definite than this.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

I still have bad flashbacks... don't know if I'll make it or not.
Entertaining the idea though. I just don't know if I can afford it, this time around. Hell, I don't know that I can afford the loss of brain cells....

Quote from: "X"I still have bad flashbacks... don't know if I'll make it or not.
Entertaining the idea though. I just don't know if I can afford it, this time around. Hell, I don't know that I can afford the loss of brain cells....

Sure you can afford it!  We have free room about a mile away :).  I'm hoping someone WILL get a con room, however, but still...

You should come!  More waking up drunk in chainmail!  It'll be grand.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

I'm in, and looking for a few folks who want to go in on a room. Any interested should drop me an email to joram@jaxfinewine.com.

*bumpity bump.*  Anyone else?
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---

I am going to Con, can't say I wanna hang around the armers again this year though.   :roll:

Once Again,

We have a table in the Marriott.  As for what we are going to have at the table, I'm still not sure, we have been OKed for Banners and the selling of ArmageddonMUD Promotional Items.  This includes all the stuff from the various On-Line Stores.  However, anything we have for sale at the table, must be Armageddon Related (NO POCKY).

I am thinking about having some banners done up, maybe a stand poster of some kind (Map of the Know World, perhaps).  I have a Notebook containing much of the documentation that a potential player might be interested in.  If anyone (even if you are not going to be there) can think of anything else that could be helpful, send me an e-mail or PM.

If you are going to be there, I would like to make a request of you.  Could you please send me in an e-mail what times you would be willing to help man the table, if any, and if you could send me one or two of your previous characters (long dead only, and just what you submitted to the MUD at creation) that you might be willing to talk to potential players about.  Things such as where you took your character from the original background, etc.

I know this year will be great with just a little more planning that last.

~Drunken Salarr, who does not really care to see Brightly colored paper spelling out Armageddon MUD on our table ever again.

E-Mail: drunkensalarr@hotmail.com
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

As I stated before I live in a house about three miles away from the hotels where the con takes place.  

There's plenty of crashing space, you'll just have to put up with my various roommates.  And it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a hotel room.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I've got a room booked at that Hyatt for the Aug 29th through Sep 1.

If anyone wants to kick in some cash, you're welcome to crash. Drop me a line at joram@jaxfinewine.com and let me know. Can't crowd too many in, so it'll be a first come first serve sorta deal.

If i manage to convince someone to lend me their car...or give me money, can I sleep under the table?  

Also

Can I borrow your ticket for an hour?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Put me down as a maybe.
But don't approach me at the convention. Or ever.
I'll probably vomit on your shoes.
So don't wear shoes.

I missed the community fun last year, and if I go I will definitely not miss it this time around. I won't man the table at all, though I'll stop by and set a good example for all the potential players. I might buy a thong. Joram, as long as you don't leer at me I might have money for a part of that room. We'll talk.

Out.
Dig?