getting a lake

Started by adrien, April 01, 2003, 04:14:11 PM

Would it be nice to have a lake to catch some trout or bass or pike would that be nice? be a new thing to rp with  new skill like fish catching and sub class called fisherman. there be swimming too.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

yeah I tottaly agree.  this would be such a Cool addition to teh game.

2 thumbs up!!

This is a joke right?

Please tell me you are joking..

We could build a Tektolnes funworld with water slides and a wave-tech pool thing!
hang is actually...

Oh yeah. Thank you for reminding me. It is April Fool's Day.

I hope you all got jacked today. :twisted:
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

what r u talkning about?!

I always wondred y this world had no lakes or rivers or oceans, just asnd sand anr more sand. so BORING!

You know, the more I think about this, the better this looks. I wanna be able to drown someone. I'm suprised Halaster never put in a lake.

When are they going to code the skill deep_sea_diving ?

Umm... duhh.... everybody and thier half elf brother knows that the gypsies have a waterslide, and a ferris wheel.
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Quote from: "Anonymous"When are they going to code the skill deep_sea_diving ?
All I can say is...if there were a secret upper level of karma, beyond all karma levels players are currently aware of...and there was a class, skills and special starting location so secretive that only the extreme few who achieved this level of karma were aware of it and got to make use of it...

No, I've already said too much.  I'll let your mind fill in the rest.  :twisted:
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

really it would be good not april fools joke

adrien.

Quote from: "Anonymous"really it would be good not april fools joke

adrien.

Oh dear.

:shock:

I just have no words.

Heh, adrien....

Deserts usually don't have lakes. It would kind of defeat the feel of the game if there was a big lake you could go to for free water and fishing. I don't think it's such a good idea.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

its not like the post was dead for 18 days or anything......

I think it was closer to 21 days Jenred.

Creeper  :P
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "deviant storm"Deserts usually don't have lakes.
Yeah, the Nile was just a little puddle. Honestly  :twisted:

(couldn't help myself. I'm a smart ass I know :P)

The fat and scary man is standing here.

The fat and scary man says, "How do you know there isn't a lake on Zanthalas?"

The fat and scary man walks north.

QuoteYou know, the more I think about this, the better this looks. I wanna be able to drown someone. I'm suprised Halaster never put in a lake.

http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?Sea_of_Eternal_Dust

Theres a "Swimming" skill, that pops up like "Ride", if you try it enough. Really. There is. Try it.

:twisted:
Tlaloc
Legend

Your all a bunch of newbie twinks. OASIS! I know of at least one, and I'm a noob twink. Come on, and the nile isn't a lake you chump. He said L-A-K-E, not R-I-V-E-R, wow, that felt good

Hope you all burn in Drov's version of Hell :twisted:
You can't spell slaughter without laughter"
<EG>

WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

oops...didn't mean to type that... :shock:

ooookay, things sure degenerated fast in this thread. Can we refrain from flames and hostility, please?

Yes, I said lake. Nile is a river. Nuff said?

Second, I am a she, Stubbyville. But it's an honest mistake.

Third, yes, there is an oasis. I too know about it. But I didn't name it because first, it's certainly not something you'd swim in, fish from or anything like that. Second, I don't like to name places on the gdb that some may not have heard of or found for themself. After all, we aren't supposed to be providing ic information here. I wouldn't want to spoil someone's enjoyment of the game in discovering places themselves.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

(i dont know how to quote)Heh, adrien....

Deserts usually don't have lakes. It would kind of defeat the feel of the game if there was a big lake you could go to for free water and fishing. I don't think it's such a good idea.

reply How the trees and grass in north stay alive with out rain or water.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Thankfully I'm ignorant about the oasis thing. And so I'll speak from an ignorant standpoint:

Water does not equal lakes, in the world of Zanthalas. Water doesn't equal fish, either. Water is provided by the element Vivadu. It never rains, but water simply shows up in a few very obscure locations. Thus is the mystery of magickal elements.

The same reason the wind can blow sandstorms with nary a cloud in the sky. It's because Whira, the element of air, has decided to blow a storm around.

With the previously mentioned ignorance of oasises (oasi?) I would venture to guess that even if there existed a lake, it would be filled with toxic poisons,  bilge waste, dead carcasses, and other assorted nasties and no fish with any common sense would want to live in it.

And just because no one knows of a lake, or river doesnt mean there isnt one. The game is all relative. Your known world could be allanak. and you could say there are no mountains. Your known world could be the desert, and you could say there are no trees. Your known world could be wider then any other persons and you could say not only are there lakes and rivers, but places where rain and snow fall from the sky.

It all depends on who you talk to and how crazy they are.