Yes!
3 (23.1%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
No.
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 12, 2007, 12:04:06 AM

How about, You want to sparr somone,  You are kind of better than him, But if he hits you, you can be knocked out with a single -hit- how about we add a code where they can type like, Hit light, Hit medium, Hit Hard, Just a idea so if your fighting a half-giant or somone strong they can go easy on you in sparring.
he dwarf of evil.

You can just disengage and not attempt to fight back...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

My advice:  don't spar a half-giant if you aren't one.
And have him just disengage...he won't fight back.  Perhaps a better use of existing code if you must spar a half-giant.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Realistically, even a grazing hit from a half-giant to your head/neck/chest would knock you out even if you were Mr. Uber 60-day Warrior. It's just a matter of that much mass and muscle connecting with your head.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I actually think i suggested somthing like this awhile back. Basically I just said have three different settings 5 settings all offense, mostly offense, balanced, mostly defense, and all defense. Respectively if you had mostly defense then you'd be getting a bonus to defensive capabilities and a penalty on offensive capabilities. That way you can choose to go easy on them or choose to go berserk if your character is angry and just wants to do as much damage as possible without care to his own health.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

I just voted no, only because I think disengage has this covered.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

And also, if you're worried about the other party or yourself not being able to disengage in time, there's always flee.

Just say, "Hey, Joe-Bob Half-Giant, if you whack me in the head with your club, run afterward."
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I would like to see the delay removed from disengage. I find it both unrealistic and inconvenient  that you can't cease attacking for a fair amount of time after initating a fight or using a combat maneuver. Hitting someone just once is literally impossible.
b]YB <3[/b]