Started by Lenny Poppo, January 15, 2007, 10:31:52 AM

Dropkick or no dropkick?

Great idea, I would love to dropkick
9 (33.3%)
Not a good idea, I would rather not
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 15, 2007, 10:31:52 AM

I would like to propose a new skill, called dropkick.

It would be much like a regular kick, except if you have the agility and training (also good power) you can leap into the air and dropkick someone, making them fly into the next room.

so say this: you could fight someone on the edge of a cliff, and things are looking bleak, but you are trained in dropkick and have a ace up your sleeve. That's when you use the dropkick, and send him off the cliff!

Hard to execute successfully but it would be worth it. What do you think?

It's an interesting idea to be able to manipulate someone or force them to go into another room in a way besides subduing them.  I will have to think about it, a mid-combat command like this sounds like it would be pretty powerful.

Of course there are a lot of other applications.  Maybe you could dropkick someone out of a fight from the sidelines.  Maybe it could be like the rescue command, but it sends the other guy in a random direction.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Can't carru's do somthing like this already? It's not that bad and i doubt there are that many instances where you'll be near a cliff to kick them off.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Sounds interesting. Call it 'push' or something, and it does minimal damage but has the ability to push a target into another room - like "push Amos east". Serves as a more dangerous version of rescue too. It could even work for heavy objects like furniture - push the couch in your apartment and barricade the door with it or something. And if you miss the push, you have a chance of tumbling into the direction. :twisted:

Or, if there's an unarmed combat class/specialization with the class system, make dropkick require branching from some other skill?

Sounds like a good idea though because it serves as a quicker, but more dangerous alternative to rescue and subdue. And even if you never get the chance to kick someone off of a cliff, kicking/pushing the new recruit around the barracks or kicking/pushing some guy around his apartment suite before you kill him has some nice RP involved with it.
ow Armageddon will end:
> Tektolnes does unspeakable damage to Zalanthas' head with his bludgeon.
> Zalanthas crumples to the ground.

Having some kind of skill to shove someone into an adjacent room would be kind of neat, but I don't know about making it a kick.  And I think size would have to be a big factor.

It's worth noting that outdoor rooms are big, though, so that calls into question the realism of something like this.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

I don't think it would be very realistic to be able to kick someone so hard that they fly into another room. Unless we're talking half-giant on elf or something. Actually, just getting to see a half-giant dropkick an elf would be worth putting this in the game.

But really... you'd have to be pretty damn good to kick the shit out of someone so hard that they fly through the air.

if not a dropkick maybe a flying kick or jumpkick

I like push better than dropkick.

Since, I don't want someone in full chitin jumping off their kank to dropkick me in the chest and knock me a whole room away and possibly down a 3 room gorge.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

The huge, fat-ass half-giant is standing here
The tall, lanky elf is standing here

The huge, fat-ass half-giant leaps into the air, raising his arms above his head.

The tall, lanky elf thinks: Oh feck!

The camera circles around the huge, fat-ass half-giant, adding dramatic effect as time slows to a crawl.

The huge, fat-ass half-giant swiftly kicks his foot up, connecting violently with the tall, lanky elf.

The tall, lanky elf's head snaps back, blood flying from his mouth.

The tall, lanky elf flys backwards into the next room.

I voted yes for this, after careful thought I realized how cool it would be to perform such a manuever on another character.  :D

This is the best idea ever. I want to dropkick people off the Shield Wall.

Interesting idea.

However, seeing as 1 room South, isn't the same distance, almost anywhere, it lacks practicality.
your mother is an elf.

No need for a new command, just expand the current kick command

Matrix!

I can picture it now,

The gay-looking black-leather wearing man leaps into the air, time stops as the room spins around the soon-to-be-dead man!

The soon-to-be-dead man mouths the words "shit" before a solid kick to the chest causes his body to crumple like a rag-doll as he is flung across the sandunes in the west

The gay-looking black-leather wearing man flies west.

I'd much rather it knock you down, but since we have bash, eh, dont care. I'd rather kick and bash have some sort of tag to it,
such as

kick elbow gith
kick head gith
kick knee gith

so you'd get
The man elbows a gith in the face!
The man headbutts a gith!
The man knees a gith in the groin!

and so on.
I cant think of any examples for bash, maybe,

bash shield gith
bash kick gith

would yeld
The man slams his shield into a gith, the force driving the gith to the ground!
The man's kick connects hard to a gith's chest, causing him to crumple to the ground!

...woha. I have a sudden desire to play a warrior now.

Can I make a character named Jack Nourish who starts with maxed dropkick?

Seriously though, it won't work with the current room structure. Rooms are not 5ft by 5ft squares, some of them are huge patches of desert, or entire buildings. It would create a lot of unrealistic scenarios where you dropkick someone 60 cords away. Subdue can be used to throw people into another room but it's more viable because you're actually holding a relatively immobile target, and you can drag them around. And you really cannot kick a grown person very far, let alone our various races and animals.
b]YB <3[/b]

Actually, mentioning bash in this thread is a good idea. I dislike this ability to toss people into other rooms being an attachment of kick. Kick is way too spreadout, many guilds and subguilds have kick. I'm all for giving bash and charge an ability to toss people into other room as long as this is going on in a non wilderness area.

bash <target> <direction>
charge <target> <direction>

Both commands already sent people sprawling through the ground, it's not all that far reaching to assume that they fly a small distance before landing onto the ground. I just watched a movie where some viking did a real nice bash, which involved the viking (about a head taller then his enemy) slightly crouch and then push his enemy with his shield infront, unbending his knees in the process. This way, he didnt just push his shield towards his enemy, knocking him off. He actually pushed the shield towards and upwards with the strength of his legs. It literally rose the viking's enemy from the ground for a moment, making him fly in a short arc before he slammed down onto the ground.

I would also like a new skilled called BodySlam, Suplex, and Clothes line.

Can we code those as well? Can we also change the name of the game to WWE Adventure?

While we're at it I would like my next char to be called clothes line.

Edit: Wait, did I forget: Fireman's carry and the piledriver?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "Rhyden"This is the best idea ever. I want to dropkick people off the Shield Wall.

Can we be a tag team?

www.j03m.com

WWE Adventures would be so amazing, the nobles could have high quality costumes and make a lot of money, while the commoners could have more of a Mexican wrestling thing going on, and I want to be Senor Kank Fecker.

Quote from: "jmordetsky"
Quote from: "Rhyden"This is the best idea ever. I want to dropkick people off the Shield Wall.

Can we be a tag team?

We weren't already?

Ahah! A negative effect to issuing the dropkick command that your character is sitting on the ground, after the command's issued. Despite weither or not it connects. Major disadvantage, but more realistic.

>The lanky male flings himself into the air, lashing out at the horrendously scarred gith!

>The lanky male misses the horrendously scarred gith, crashing to the floor.

>Think -scared Oh shit!

>Feeling scared, you think:
Oh shit!

>The horrendously scarred gith chuckles darkly.

>The horrendously scarred gith pierces you on the head, dealing a horrendous wound!

<mantis head>
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: "Rhyden"
Quote from: "jmordetsky"

Can we be a tag team?

We weren't already?

Rockin!

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "jmordetsky"I would also like a new skilled called BodySlam, Suplex, and Clothes line.

I would like to see some of these, but I also like the idea of a suplex when you subdue someone. Like..

You subdue the guy!
You hoist him up for a suplex!
You suplex the guy!

If you could see keep subduing him after the suplex, it'd be like a fisherman's suplex for the pin, except obviously there's no count unless it was a real wrestling match.

Quote from: "jmordetsky"While we're at it I would like my next char to be called clothes line.

hhaaahaaaaahaaa