Too hot to handle?

Started by Pale Horse, October 17, 2006, 10:00:08 AM

This observation could just be me, but still, it appears to me that when working outside IG, the degree of heat at that time seems to play a role in how effective your character is in doing whatever he/she is doing.

For example, I've seen character get a freaking wealth of 'sid mined during cool to cold days and "good" weather, but during the warm and hot days, get nothing at all.  I've seen my own characters skin/hunt/chop down trees/forage for better items during the cool days then at anyother time.

Has this been you're experience as well? or am I just seeing things, which as always, is a completely valid possability.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I'm not sure if the actual effectiveness of each coded 'swing' at the tree or mine has a lesser chance of success. It might, it might not, though I tend to lean towards your position.

However, as we all know, ep regenerates slower on hotter days outside with no shade. Which, over a sustained period of time, really does make a difference. So when 'tis hotter, you're less effective at long-term tasks.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

There's lots of hidden code that supports logical realities.

This could be one of those cases.

I personally haven't noticed this happening for any of my characters. However, IMO, thats the way it should be. If you think of the consequences of RL for a construction worker using a jackhammer for even an hour or two non-stop in the middle of a one hundred degree summer day and compare it to an IG obsidian miner with the same conditions, you would obviously see quicker fatigue, muscle cramps and so on. On the other hand, if its say fifty degrees, the body would obviously take longer to warm up and therefore produce a longer 'efficent' work period.

As for the better skinning and so on during better weather and temperature conditions, wouldn't you be more willing to slow down and do a proper job on taking a hide from an animal if you didn't have sand blasting in your eyes constantly or feeling extreamly fatigued or sick to your stomach with the extreame heat?  :wink:

If it turns out that this actually isn't coded into the game, can it be?

no, sid mining is random.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Quote from: "FightClub"no, sid mining is random.
kthx for ruining it.

s'far as you know, wench.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Quote from: "rufus"
kthx for ruining it.

np
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Lets not discuss (i.e. wild assed guess) on code mechanics.
This post is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.. you call the ghostbusters and they can't control....

Ok. Now that you are all suffering this with me, I feel better.

Sorry for the derail.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

I would image that you are making more on cool days because you are getting more swings in.

You recover endurance faster on cool days.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I'm aware that your stamina returns at a greater rate when out of the heat, and that Sand Storms and heat have an adverse effect on your regen.

What I was wondering more about is if somehow there is a higher chance/percentage of scoreing successfuly at the current task you were performing when under cooler weather conditions, or if there was a penalty to your chances during hot and warm weather, beyond just the stamina regeneration.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

There's a ton of hidden code in the game.  My suggestion to you is if you find something, go with it.  The real difficulty is that most forms of testing wouldn't be considered IC.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: "Dalmeth"The real difficulty is that most forms of testing wouldn't be considered IC.

ROLE-PLAY.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"