Uprise in mutes

Started by Gunnerblaster, October 14, 2006, 01:02:17 PM

I've noticed this but 2 of my ingame friends are mutes. I find it kind've funny.

Anybody else noticing this? lol.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

The game is all about cycles.  It's very weird.  It's like one person has an idea at the same time as another, from opposite sides of the world.

UNLESS THEY ARE BROTHERS.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

That or they do what I know someone did...faked being a mute.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Well, my first character is a talkative git, but I could see how mutes could be quite common in Zalanthas.  There are probably numerous inhabitants with dried-out vocal chords, what with the harsh sandstorms and scarce water.  In fact, now that you mention it, mutes should probably be more common than melodically-voiced bards!  :wink:

Yep.  Daze goes in, more half-giants pop up.

Images ok over the way, more creative natural psi-senders.

Nifty additions to magick code, lots more elementalists in public areas.

It goes in cycles, and often follows code changes.

I'm all for crimson-haired people atm ;)
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I once played a character who lost his tongue(IC situation can't explain here). I had a lot of fun playing him and roleplaying out eating and drinking with no tongue, had to use A LOT of immagination and it was a shitload of fun. I would hope those around him also enjoyed it haha, but sadly he did get pretty boring when barsitting and when someone talked to him I would have to emote him showing his stub of what once was a tongue XD. But overall I suggest everyone once try a mute character or some other deformed character, it can be a LOT of fun.

They probably aren't mutes, they are spies who don't want anyone to hear that they have the "wrong" accent!  Filthy, filthy spies.  Sure, some of them might actually be mutes, but you'll have to kill them all anyway, it is the only way to be sure.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

AC knows the score.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Or, as I once had. A spy who was also -actually- a mute.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Mutes are fun to play. I've had a couple fun ones. And there are reasons to be mute other than having a tongue cut out, and even then you can make noise. I kinda disagree with playing mutes never using the talk command, ever, cause when waving someone down they might be like "mmmm!" to get their attention, or when the way is taking a lot out of them might say "mm-hm" or "mm-mm" rather than waying (but there's also nodding and shaking of the head).
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Also, if one if mute for vocal-cord-related reasons, one might still be quite capable of whispering.

My current character knows a gaggle of them, too.

I think she wants a harem that can't bitch back.
It feels a bit like your throat is full of ants. And they're all biting you. In a good way."

Sorry, my fault - I'm playing a tongue-collecting raider.  
And yes Nao, once I've collected all the world's tongues, I'll be going after red-headed scalps.
Murder your darlings.

Because I'm so smart, one of my first characters was a mute. Horrible idea for a new player.
your mother is an elf.

I've never played a mute, but I have played a "deformed" character with a laboriously large man-part. I drew inspiration from my real life experiences.

Sorry, drunk on a Sunday morning. :P
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

This thread should be subtitled, "The Silent Rebellion."
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: "spawnloser"That or they do what I know someone did...faked being a mute.

I think I remember that person. :oops:

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

That person?  Heh, I just know that one did.  There are probably MANY that faked being mute because their accent would give away where they're from.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

There have been a lot of those, yeah.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: "spawnloser"That person?  Heh, I just know that one did.  There are probably MANY that faked being mute because their accent would give away where they're from.

They're all fake mutes, I haven't seen one that couldn't use say yet.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I do know of one character that could probably use the 'say' command but was actually a mute.  It was just that the player decided to never use the command and actually stuck with it.