Im sorry..

Started by Gricker, September 26, 2006, 11:58:18 PM

I've done a few non-combat roles as well. It's hard to keep them interesting when you don't have the time to invest in making contacts, creating plots...etc.
There is always use for some dumb soldier thug to get dragged briefly into a plot but remain only a sideline player. Perfect for those that like a little action and don't have much playing time.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I've acctually had alot more involved RP when I'm logging in just for a few hours every week with a non combat character then when I am playing a combat character. It's easy to find people to interact with ussually on a non-combat level, then it is to be a solo hunter, and ussually more entertaining.

I've played a tavern city bard in Allanak no less some way long time ago and wasn't playing too much at the time. I made alot of money, wasn't involved with many plots or not but had many friends and enemies and such, without anyone ever attacking me.

My current character, since I have so little time to play, would be completely boring in a combat role, as I wouldn't have time to be involved with any sort of trip that might take a few hours. Nor is soloing that easy for the most part.

With a combat oriented character in a clan, it's very hard when you play limited hours for above, plus you may not run into that many people when you are playing so you are ussually stuck inside a city anyways.

With my non-combat characters, when I log in, I can do alittle bit of crafting if I'm up for it, I can sit around chit chating with the guards or hunters and such. Sit around in a tavern and chat it up with other folks, spy on people, which I do all the time in non-combat rolls ... Eh, my characters have bad habits of being nosey, but they all ussually still stay out of trouble, and I have no issues keeping entertaining even without logging in for hours each day.

AND too boot, I acctually prefer combat roles. I just personally don't think they are suited for when you can't play very much, they just tend to be horribly short lived.

Creep
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "UnderSeven"No I feel these statements are both false.

My point was that as a non-combat oriented character, your PC will not go around looking specifically for THAT kind of trouble.  Non-combat PCs don't go outside in search of beasties to kill, or they don't go around looking for people to mug.  They don't actively seek out physical confrontations, which is what leads to a lot of PC deaths.  I am not saying that all combat-oriented PCs do these kinds of things, but ultimately a lot of them do.  

Furthermore, any PC who leaves the city and goes out into the wildnerness on a regular basis (ESPECIALLY alone!) has a much higher chance of getting splattered than a PC who doesn't leave the city at all.  It's a whole different sort of roleplay in a city versus in the wilderness, and I always suggest that people give it a try.  Don't knock it til you try it!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".