bandaging

Started by Manhattan, September 05, 2006, 03:50:14 AM

how come whenever I try to bandage someone, it says "[blank] doesn't need to be bandaged."

i've tried this numerous times, when they're at a significant loss of hp too. at "[blank] doesnt look so well".
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You probably aren't skilled enough to bandage them.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

I've had this problem myself...with varying levels of hp. I have yet to be able to use bandage at all.

Must you posess the skill 'Bandage' to do any kind of bandageing at all? If so, is it a skill I could learn from someone if they taught me or must you have the skill in your starting set?
quote="Dakkon Black"]Found salty oasis. Actually mek pee.[/quote]

You have to have the skill on your skill list.

It's coded that you can't bandage someone who isn't badly hurt - usually below the level where you'd have to sleep, that's why it isn't working.

People can be too badly hurt to bandage, too, so the range is actually quite small but gets bigger with increasing skill.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I hate how the skill works. Currently the skill is twinky to use and useless almost, it would be better if it didn't have range.  It should have a small percent heal and slightly faster HP regeneration for some time (or til fully healed) even if below 50% HP depending on level of skill. This would make the skill more useful esspecially since its dangerous to sleep in order to heal.

For example someone with the skill treats a wounded guard (20/100). Being almost maxed with the skill the guard is healed for ~10 HP, plus will heal when resting all the way back up to ~70 (slightly quicker afer they reach 50 HP) after that they will begin recovering at normal rate one again.

It would prevent the few times where I've had bandage and saw this.

bandage amos
He is too hurt for you to bandage him.

Tell amos "Close your eyes and relax asshole."

amos sleeps

bandage amos
He is too hurt for you to bandage him.

bandage amos
He isn't hurt bad enough for you to bandage him.

think "Throw out the bullshit flag."
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Yea, bandage is, in my experience, harder to learn without twinking than backstab.

And that just seems silly to me.

Quote from: "Spud"You probably aren't skilled enough to bandage them.

I have the skill.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

They weren't hurt bad enough. (yeah, kinda silly)

I think it's obvious that the bandage code needs some updating... and it's probably already on the to-do list.