Your most dissatisfying deaths

Started by Tired and a little sad, August 25, 2006, 11:43:46 PM

Quote from: "mansa"
Quote from: "jhunter"
Quote from: "Rhyden"
Quote from: "LauraMars"My third whiran died casting the first spell of her life in 15 days played.

So did mine! And I bet $100 it was the same spell!

I'll bet it's also the same one that I used with one of mine in a "last ditch effort" to escape a mundane who decided to kill my mage solo. Escaped the mundane only to end up somewhere that was very bad for me to be...moments later...mantis head.

I went into an unfinished zone once.

I did too!

I also went to Jihae, and hell.  And back in time.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "mansa"
Quote from: "jhunter"
Quote from: "Rhyden"
Quote from: "LauraMars"My third whiran died casting the first spell of her life in 15 days played.

So did mine! And I bet $100 it was the same spell!

I'll bet it's also the same one that I used with one of mine in a "last ditch effort" to escape a mundane who decided to kill my mage solo. Escaped the mundane only to end up somewhere that was very bad for me to be...moments later...mantis head.

I went into an unfinished zone once.

Lol, me too.

wish all Uhh...I don't think I'm supposed to be here and I cannot get out on my own. Is there anyone on who can get me out of here please?
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I held up the Bard's Barrel, shot somebody, but missed, ran away, escaped into the desert with no gains from my heist whatsoever.  I ran out of stamina and rested, and here's where I screwed up.  While I was resting I checked my MySpace, got on a few minutes later and vigilantes had caught me, subdued me, thrown me on a Kank, and were carrying me somewhere on the North Road.  Suddenly we stopped by a large sinkhole.  I was thinking "Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap, can't you guys just let me die in the arena like the other criminaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamantishead.
f Cthulhu was a woman, would he be named Cathy?

You should probably edit that post...or just delete the whole thing.  Recent deaths should not list specifics...

...but that actually sounds like a good death.  Better to die by PC interaction as consequences for your actions than by a bug in the code, random attack by a wandering NPC, or etc.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

I agree with Tarx. That sounds like a flipping awesome death, man. There's a 'Most Satisfying Deaths' post somewhere on this same forum. You should check it out. Death can be a great part of the Arm experience. Some of my favorite characters are 'favorites' simply because they died in interesting or amusing or mysterious ways.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

That's what she said.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Quote from: "Fivedisgruntledmonkeyswit"I've played two Whirans, both of whom fell to their deaths.
It makes one feel rather silly.
I think next I'll have to play a Vivaduan, and see if I can get him drowned.

I managed to starve with all elementalist kinds that can feed themselves and get parched with all elementalist kinds that can satisfy their thirst..

I'm more of an idiot.. I win.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Losing a very fun character in less than a second to the crim code.
Free your hate.

I have two.. Both my fault.

Falling down a cliffside really sucked.

Dying to Carru Bash also really sucked.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

I had a near death experience with an older PC of mine (who died stupidly when blank fled from blank into blankity blank blank) -- basically ended up dying of thirst, stamina at 0... Health going down faster than you can even follow it... And yeah. So my PC reaches 1 HP, is completely exhausted, has no stamina left... And you're saying: Well, that's what you get for being in the desert.

The kicker? There was a tavern selling water one room to the east.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Long time ago had a criminal type who'd lived for a while, made a good name for himself, was in with the right people, was fairly well along, and, oh yeah, had successfully smuggled shit-tons of spice into Allanak.

Bought an apartment to store and sell the spice from. Started looking through the apartment and - what luck! - there was a keg in it!!!!... full of cleaning fluid. I died on my apartment floor shortly there-after.

Every now and then, I still find the keg in an apartment I rent. Either I'm the only one that's ever used it, or the imms are refilling it....
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: "sarahjc"Dying to Carru Bash also really sucked.

Lost my all-time favorite character that way before the reel code settled down.

Losing a character with the climb skill to a one-room fall on your neck sucks, too.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Here is one....

Imagine having a human ranger that can kill a tembo without taking a hit at a day and a half. I didnt even have great stats, for some reason, I just started with this insanely good combat. I actually wanted him to be an indy mercenary and had gotten a couple of people under me already, we were out riding around and I was showing them some good locations to camp....well we stopped in these ruin's for the night. Well it wasnt long before "Winds swirl around someone"....I end up somewhere out in the boonies next to this cute little non-agro critter. I am thinking, well, it could have been worse, atleast I am in a seemingly non-hostile location, and I landed right next to a cute little meal.  :twisted:

Well, I start landed some serious hits on this cute little guy...thinking he is about to be a tasty yummy bite....For the love of god, make sure you "look n s e w u d" before you attack something....In just a moment after the fight starts, from above come four of his friends....now, one of them is a sinch...five of them at the same time....oh shit....the worst part is...it sure is hard to flee when the only exit is UP, and you cant climb so good.

I was tore apart by little fuzzy grimlines.....*tear*

And he had such promise within him, I hope the little fuckers liked how it tasted.
'm in ur unit, molestin ur mount.

Byn, because you care.

Not sure if I've posted this story before, but here goes, anyway:

A long time ago (in my superbly twinkish days), I had an assassin/hunter, who I'd powergamed up to mad skillz by throwing knives at and backstabbing duskhorn, etc.  Later, I join Kurac for a year of training, then I get bored and go down to 'nak and join the Byn.  At this point, I'm at about 15 days played, and my half-breed assassin is mopping the floor with all the other recruits.

So the Byn gets a contract to kill some mysterious beast.  We load up, along with some Kadian hunters, some Tor or Borsail fellas, and a couple of miscellaneous half-giants.

We find the beast in its lair, and engage it in combat.  Problem is, -nobody- can hit the thing in melee.  Not our badass dwarf sergeant, not the half-giants.  Nobody.  

My reptile brain kicks in and engages powergamer mode:  throw bypasses defense skill, w00t.  I check my belt:  5 throwing knives.  Go into the next room, throw all 5 knives.  All of them hit the beast.  I run back into the room, it's at "not well" condition already. Sweet.  I pick up the 5 knives, run back out, and repeat...probably about 3 times.

Finally the thing is in terrible condition, and I'm thinking to myself "now I'm going to deliver the coup de grace to this thing, and look like a total badass."  So I line up to backstab it...and miss completely.  Right at that moment, the half-giant tanking the beast panics and flees out.  Since I was the last thing to attack it, it turns on me...and destroys me in one bite.  Later on, I learn that they managed to finally bring it down, after I'd nearly killed it with my uber twinking skills.

At the time, it was the most disappointing death -ever-.  With the benefit of a little hindsight, I realize now that it was probably fairly well-deserved, heh.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Just had my worst death ever.

Strong character.  Lots of time spent on it.  Died to the fecking damned quirks in the code that make it possible for a mob to run in and insta attack you in the same damned instant and cause you to reel none stop.

....I'm pissed...Really..
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Yah, I know what you mean, Bub.

I died many times to them.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Comforts to you.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: "Pale Horse"Just had my worst death ever.

Strong character.  Lots of time spent on it.  Died to the fecking damned quirks in the code that make it possible for a mob to run in and insta attack you in the same damned instant and cause you to reel none stop.

Aww... Need a hug?

Don't be mad, because it has happened to me once when I really did not deserve the mob killing. Its ok. You'll have plenty of strong characters in the future. Don't cry over just one.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Pale Horse"Just had my worst death ever.

That sucks.   :(
Lunch makes me happy.

I made a 'rinth character, when I was still in my exploration over roleplay stage, who decided to explore the sewers.  Sorcery, dead things (who just won't give up!), poison, unconsciousness, begging for my life, etc., etc. ensued.  So, I finally made it back up after IC days..  Walking down with a bag full of stuff and didn't realize I had one item that was a bit too expensive on.  Muggers come up, but it's okay because I'm a quick guy.  Fleeing, and then BAM.  The server crashes.

It nearly made me cry.  I lived through things that I really should not have lived through, then die to that.
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

This thread makes me sad.

Back in 2002 I had a dude who was involved in major, major plots. This dude's superior ended up becoming the NPC head of a noble house. Wicked things were happening. The character was uber-leet in both killing skillz and political clout. People wanted him dead, but he was near untouchable.

Went out hunting. Unloaded a bunch of arrows on a SNAKE of all things. Didn't kill the snake with the arrows because the PC had hardly ever used the archery skill. So went over to kill the snake. Attacked the snake, and typed GET ALL... Never get all. Snake got a free hit for each arrow (5-8).

No problem. Poisoned, but still killed the snake. Even had a tablet with me. COULD NOT EAT THE TABLET BECAUSE I WAS TOO F(*&^ING FULL.

The PC died in the noble estate, to a poison he was holding the cure for.

I think it was about a year later they changed the code so that you could still eat tablets if you were full.

It still hurts.

Lame.  Plain and simple.  That's all I've got to say.