KRUTH - SHUFFLE DECK

Started by mansa, August 11, 2006, 06:46:33 PM

Quote from: "[url=http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?shuffleHelp Shuffle[/url]"] Shuffle     (Objects)

This command will return Kruth cards into a Kruth deck. All of the Kruth cards in your inventory will be shuffled back into the deck.

The "reset" option is provided for playability, since many players are used to using the "junk" command to reveal cards. When "reset" is specified, all the cards in your inventory will be shuffled back into the deck as normal, and any cards which are missing from the deck will be restored.

Syntax:
   shuffle deck [reset]

Examples:
   > shuffle deck

> shuffle deck reset

Notes:
   Using "examine" on the deck will show how many cards are in the deck.

There are 24 cards in a complete Kruth deck.

Do not abuse the "reset" option to purposefully clone card objects.

See Also:
   deal, examine, kruth, roll

Everyone!

Give your cards to the dealer, after you emote displaying them on the tabletop.

-or-

Put the cards on the tabletop as you display them.  Let the dealer pick them all up.

This will allow dealers to 'cheat' if they want to.  :P
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Awesome, awesome, awesome AWESOME!

So real Kruth decks are only supposed to have one of each card?  Huh.  That's going to be different.

Still, awesome change!  Hooray staff!

EDIT: Hey, now that decks are standardized, do you think anyone would object if we Zalanthanized some Earth 5-card poker games and accompanying hand ranks?  Red Storm Hold'em anyone?  :lol:

I would wager this is exactly why we did this.

More people should play kruth!
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

I personally am against this change.

First, having only 24 cards limits the types of games and number of players possible. A big negative.

Second, many existing kruth games are based around rules that account for duplicate cards. This change also destroys these games.

My vote would be to either increase the number of cards in a deck, 2 or 3 of each. Or remove this all together.

Realism is nice. But not so much when it heavily detracts from the game.

Prehaps add the other elements of drov and elkros to increase the number of cards? Just an idea. Maybe even nilaz!

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Why don't you make a different kind of deck with different symbols?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "facehugger"Second, many existing kruth games are based around rules that account for duplicate cards. This change also destroys these games.

Use two decks. :)

Joke's on you, Zalanthas! I'm going to clone Kruth decks until the fabric of the universe unravels.

Yeah... in all the kruth games I've played, we used multiples of the cards. I can't really think of any games that will be doable at the moment myself.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Cegar"Yeah... in all the kruth games I've played, we used multiples of the cards. I can't really think of any games that will be doable at the moment myself.

Whira's Luck?

I like this change because it adds an element of skill to card games. You can't have skill based card games if you have an infinite number of cards and infinite multiples of all the cards. All that is is pure chance.
A war refugee sought the Master.  He said, 'You are wise and serene. Teach me to escape the horrors of this world.' And the Master blinded him with fire-irons."
     -The Book of Cataclysm

Good luck playing it with more than two or three people.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

You could play with up to 12 as each person gets to discard once. 12x2=24.

Good luck finding a 12 person Kruth game though.
A war refugee sought the Master.  He said, 'You are wise and serene. Teach me to escape the horrors of this world.' And the Master blinded him with fire-irons."
     -The Book of Cataclysm

Awesome.
some of my posts are serious stuff