Hairstyles

Started by John, July 25, 2006, 12:43:58 AM

What do people think about having coded hairstyles? I believe that certain items have the ability for players to use them to apply a predetermined list of tattoos, so hairstyles would work much in the same way. You'd have the default hairstyle (<hair-style>        hanging down) or (<hair style>     unbrushed) that all hairstyle items have, and then have the same code and script for tattoos (minus the amount of body locations), merely on different items and different "tattoos".

What do people think? On the one hand it won't be skill-based, so anyone could pretty much do any hairstyle (having a hairstyle when you're bald would be considered abuse). But on the other hand, neither are tablets and it would open up an aspect of the game currently unavailable.

i always wanted to play a bald kadian who wore a different wig each week...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I think this would just limit people's options and creativity with regards to hairstyle, when the main desc works just fine for describing it.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: "Jherlen"I think this would just limit people's options and creativity with regards to hairstyle, when the main desc works just fine for describing it.
I personally keep in mind that my PC will be sleeping with that desc, walking through howling sandstorms and waiting on nobles when I write my desc and keep it as neutral as possible so it's valid in all of these circumstances. So we're already restricted ;)

I don't know if there is a real limit on the amount of objects that are in the game code-wise, as far as "we can only put in 25k objects in the game."

If there isn't, I rather highly doubt that we couldn't write up 400-4000 hairstyles. Heh. Instead of putting it in for character creation, adding a location in the Hall of Kings with an NPC for hairstyles and body parts might be a better idea. Then a player could write his PC without any reference to his hair and go ahead and do this instead. I'd expect someone who wanted the same hair to just write it in and forego this part, but it would be nice to see this.

Of course, I wanna see a lot of stuff. Heh. This isn't too great a priority.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Tdesc!

Much better solution.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: "jstorrie"

This would be cool, something that could be altered.  Especially, I would like to see facial hair that grows/can be shaped.
eel the wetness of her tongue that slides across my skin
the viruses crawl over me and feel for some way in

acid bath

Tea-desc!
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"Tea-desc!
I still don't know what this means  :?

Aaah cool. That works too.

Hmm.... Don't know if it is nice or not. :( I can't make up my mind.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Tdesc!!!

(I'm just collecting Moe faction points...)

:wink:

'Nuff said!

There are some wigs in the game.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".