HRPT - What We Learned

Started by Halaster, July 21, 2006, 12:13:30 AM

Quote from: "Halaster"So, halfway through it I realized there was so much more like this that could be done, but I was far too busy to do it all, and so had to just let it slide.  We've learned from this, as staff, and have already thought of how to correct it the next time.

Like you mentioned previously, it was an experiment.  There is room for a wide margin of error for something like this. ;)
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Should be a way for conscripts to spar, and maybe some training sessions.

I think the armies should be coded "clans" separate from the city-state militias.  Since characters can be codedly members of more than one clan, this would not be a problem.  It would help with the "order followers attack all" command, it could be used to make sure that spies actually have to either a) sneak into the camp, or b) join the opposing army.

If the camps were coded this way, then agressive acts, such as shooting arrows into the opposing camp, would be met by NPC action.  This is a lot better than a bunch of NPCs watching dumbly for code reasons (lack of PC leaders online).

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I haven't seen this mentioned, but I wonder if a GDB forum each for the two parties wouldn't help for announcing excursions unworthy of an IC board post.

I felt people knew too much about what the war was over(won't say) felt only maybe higher ups and people close to them should have known.

Waiting to do things was also a problem, on both sides imho. was fun but think maybe set up times for big events so could know oh now be a good time to do something.

The first day of sitting and waiting kinda sucked, was expecting something to happen like normal HRPT. Stayed up later than wanted, prehaps be told earlier hey going to be a long event.

For nak side,
When asked where get food and water, was told talk to the magickers? Like magickers could stock a camp and keep it alive seemed unrealistic. This also affected play times i think that way avoid complications.

Overall I liked the entire event, was long and seemed more realistic then one giant battle. Just some tweaks and think be alright. I can also understand how people who were not involved felt, not getting to interact.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev