Theories on Muk Utep

Started by amish overlord, June 25, 2006, 01:57:04 AM

Alright, this is all conjecture and just guessing for the fun of it.

Who or what is Muk Utep?

Alright he is the ruler of tuluk. But what else?

From the history file

c.400
   A hitherto unkown warrior named Muk Utep sacks the twelve tribes at Gol Krathu with an army of terrible barbarians out of the northwest. The tribes called the Elves of Mallok and the Twin Warlocks are among the conquered. The city-state of Tuluk begins to rise under Utep the Sun King.

came from outside the known world, or appears to not necessary but what is northwest of gol krathu. The grey forest and the chasm.

The Dragon appears in Tuluk and an obscure exchange occurs between Muk Utep and the dread beast. At least one-fourth of Tuluk is destroyed by the Dragon. Afterward, the Dragon once again departs the Known World.

So Utep and the dragon had some tea, the dragon got mad and destroyed part of the city but not all of it. The dragon A) Chose not to crush muk utep and destroy his city, just show a display of pwoer or B) muk was powerful enough to defend part of the city.

He defended the ivory city of tuluk as well in the cataclysm.

I beleive muk utep may have been a servant of the dragon. He came outside of the known world, spoke to the dragon at one point, thought didn't go great.

Is he still a servant? I don't think so, i beleive he may have been sent to rule in his steed but instead broke away. Obviously pc's won't kow anything or even theorize, well most wouldn't since uneducated.

as I said just my thoughs and rambles on the subject. any one object or point anything else. Just like to make some discussion.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Definately interesting.. you now have me scavenging through docs in search of my own theories.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Also intresting just though of, obscure exchange. What did they exchange just words, souls, recipe for the perfect cake? any ideas on that?

Amish Overlord  8)

I ate him with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think muk was actually banned by the staff for bieng a twink. No PC gets to unite the clans and take over shit.

As for the dragon, he was on slippery ground before, that whole turning tuluk into burning rubble thing was way over powered.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

My guess?
Quintus Tektolnes reborn, coming to teach his son a lesson.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"I think muk was actually banned by the staff for bieng a twink. No PC gets to unite the clans and take over shit.

As for the dragon, he was on slippery ground before, that whole turning tuluk into burning rubble thing was way over powered.

...they were both PCs? Wow, you learn something new every day.

Quote from: "WHOAMG KANK"
Quote from: "Dakkon Black"I think muk was actually banned by the staff for bieng a twink. No PC gets to unite the clans and take over shit.

I'm very sure that the Dragon left during the game background, before the game started.  The first Tuluk was created after the game started, I think, but heh.
I'll put it like this - playing Muk Utep or Tektolnes as a PC has got to be only mildly more interesting than playing a sentient PC rock.  You wield virtually infinite power as far as everyone else in the game is concerned and a very major part of the world society, the Templarate, basically exists to do your dirty work for you so you don't get to hunt down those PC defilers yourself.
And if you did hunt down those PC defilers yourself, the whole thing would be over in seconds because a sorcerer that studied magick for 40 game years can't compare to a sorcerer that could have studied magick for over a thousand game years.

Besides, a sorcerer-king can simply do too much.  If a player was playing a sorcerer-king while drunk, the game could enter serious trouble.  It could go something like this:
"Okay, citizens and residents and nobles of Allanak -- get out.  All of you."
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I seriously doubt any of them are alive, and it's fun to RP a heretic. :twisted:
Then again, its fun to play a naive commoner too.

Yes.. a few of my chars had theories that Tektolnes and/or Muk Utep is already dead.

Everything's possible.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

It's entirely possible that you're not dealing with multiple people.  Tek, Muk, The
Dragon and the Sand Lord are all the same person, and the once-in-a-lifetime
appearances made by any of them are for the edification of people who need something
to believe in.

Human civilization is one, and all being harvested for the whims of a defiler demoniac.

Sleep well tonight.   :twisted:
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Quote from: "Intrepid"It's entirely possible that you're not dealing with multiple people.  Tek, Muk, The
Dragon and the Sand Lord are all the same person, and the once-in-a-lifetime
appearances made by any of them are for the edification of people who need something
to believe in.

Human civilization is one, and all being harvested for the whims of a defiler demoniac.

Sleep well tonight.   :twisted:

But in history says Muk and the dragon had an obscure exchange so must be atleast two, or some massive illusion of some kind by either the dragon or muk, but if muk made illusion of the dragon why he flatten part of his city?

Amsih Overlord  8)

Quote from: "amish overlord"...but if muk made illusion of the dragon why he flatten part of his city?

He wanted to redecorate.

Quote from: "amish overlord"But in history says Muk and the dragon had an obscure exchange so must be atleast two, or some massive illusion of some kind by either the dragon or muk, but if muk made illusion of the dragon why he flatten part of his city?

That's the simple part: Muk Utep himself is The Dragon and used either an illusion or
a possessed human (like one of his own templars) to make it look like he was having
the conversation so he could cover up destroying a chunk of his own city so he could
complete a stage of the dragon metamorphosis--or even a massive defiler ritual
of some kind.

Original Sorcerer Kings' being dead and the templarate's playing along as if they are still alive makes more sense to me.
some of my posts are serious stuff

There's probably a Tektolnes the VIII sitting up there in that palace, but we'll never know.  By now, Tekky could be a great-great-grand-daughter, but she likes the idea of being called Tektolnes for the fear it creates.  ^.-

Or maybe, Muk Utep is dead... and Tuluk only "drove out Allanak" because Tektolnes slipped in an imposter to run the show.  Don't you all feel like little pawns in the greatest chess game ever?

I believe that Muk Utep is swimming around in his massive underground ocean, with his dolphin friends.
your mother is an elf.

He is in a Pyramid so..

:idea:  Muk Utep is an alive mummy!

PS. Actually, I do believe this thread should be in OOC chatter. Discussion of who Muk Utep is probably should be done IG (for sake of keeping mystery and danger of even thinking on Sorcerer Kings.)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Why should we ever know? You know what would happen if something slipped out and we found out that either of the two sorcerer-kings was dead and gone? Think of it this way. The nobles need the Templars, and vice-versa.

The only things keeping alot of people in line is fear. How scary is a templar with no king to serve?
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

Quote from: "WHOAMG KANK"

They most definately were NOT PCs.

Quote from: "Kelen"Why should we ever know? You know what would happen if something slipped out and we found out that either of the two sorcerer-kings was dead and gone? Think of it this way. The nobles need the Templars, and vice-versa.

The only things keeping alot of people in line is fear. How scary is a templar with no king to serve?

Umm, Kelen?  This thread is about theories.  They're theories, man.  We're having
fun speculating.  Have fun with us if you'd like.

If that templar is using his/her own power and not drawing it from a sorceror-king,
I'm still just as scared...maybe even moreso now.   :shock:

I think Nessalin is Tektolnes.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"I think Nessalin is Tektolnes.

I think Mansa is due to become the first pc avangion and take over Tuluk as
Mansa Utep.

For reference Intrepid, I know. I'm just throwing out a reason why we'll not know, not trying to shoot the fun down, trust me, I pester kelvik about crap like this all the time.

Sadly, I've not found anything out.   :evil:
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."