Prompt Addition Idea

Started by Malifaxis, June 14, 2006, 04:18:39 AM

Should there be an addition to prompt to include contactedness/target?

Yes
20 (69%)
No
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: July 14, 2006, 04:18:39 AM

See the question.  Pretty self explanatory.

Addition would be placed wherever in the prompt the player wished, or could be left out, as per normal prompt stuff.  It would basically just add the sdesc of whoever you were connected to (in whatever form they are currently in to you) your prompt.

This would personally be extremely useful for some of us who sometimes, er, forget that they're connected to someone else's head and just go hibbledy bibbledy about their days.

EX:
Quote15/790 500 45 60/200 sirihish/walking/sitting *the tall, muscular man

Since we now have the more awesome than cake longer prompt, you could easily add a * in there to separate it or even, if you needed, a Connected to %X.  %x would just give you a result as per the invisibility prompt addition.  If you are, you'd have a * somewhere in there.

Make sense?  Useful?
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Could be useful, and can be left out if a player doesn't want it, so a good idea.

My prompt is huge, I like to see  everything I feel relevant, like my name... just in case I forget it.

I'd welcome this.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: "ShaLeah"My prompt is huge, I like to see  everything I feel relevant, like my name... just in case I forget it.
For us always dying people it's fairly useful ;)

Good idea, Mal.  Given that this addition would be wholly voluntary, I don't see an argument from the "I don't want you messing with my gaming experience" quarter.

How difficult would this be to code?  My ancient C++ skills tell me not, but that's really more just an intuition than anything solid.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

It tells you who you're contacting when you type 'stat'.  And 'stat' is a lot shorter now that the Bio has been removed from it.

To include it or not?  Meh.  I, personally, wouldn't use it.  Maybe someone else will...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'm content just using stat
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

Stat isn't a solution for forgetful people like Malifaxis.

He'll just forget to type 'stat'!

Since we're talking about prompts, I'd like to bring up the possibilty of having one's nosave status in it as well.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I wouldn't use it myself, since I like to keep my prompt small; I just use stat.

However, I am a firm believer in allowing players all the options.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Quote from: "LauraMars"Since we're talking about prompts, I'd like to bring up the possibilty of having one's nosave status in it as well.
Quoted for Truth and Justice!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Holy crap, I didn't even know there was a 'stat' screen.

Thanks!
-Reiloth

Quote from: "Malifaxis"Holy crap, I didn't even know there was a 'stat' screen.

Thanks!

You've... been playing... for HOW LONG, MALIFAXIS?

Geez. :P

This officially means I get to rag on you.

Would you believe me if I said I had learned it and, er, forgotten?
-Reiloth

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just about every piece of information that can go in your prompt can be found under either "stat" or "score."

Some people just like having information constantly available. Personally, my entire prompt is less than thirty characters long, but I've got no beef with folks who want more functionality in theirs.

This isn't a bad idea at all.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I'm with Intrepid and Cale_Knight. I'm nothing more than an hp/stun/stam person, but I always welcome more options.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."