Another Armageddon Article

Started by Sanvean, May 30, 2006, 12:37:00 PM

Still on the road, but here's a quick pointer to another Armageddon article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/issue/47/13

Interestingly enough I read that just this morning when another source linked me to a different article in that edition.

Very insightful.

I enjoy..

Maybe this hobby isn't such a self-destructive, flab-inducing waste of time..

Hot Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Very nice article.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Bravo to Sanvean for the information and a hearty Huzzah to the rest of the staff who supplied opinions and input.

A lovely article indeed.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

When I took the interview for the current job I have, I mentioned that I still play a MUD called Armageddon.

It sorta helps that the job is customer support for a gaming company, but, still, I listed off what sort of entertainment I like.  The interviewer liked that this game is one where creative people come and play, and they have encouraged me to write up game proposals and game ideas, and even let me mud at work.  Hah.  Living the High Life indeed.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The more I read about the Armageddon staff, the more I wish I had what it takes to be part of what seems to be like such a great group of people.

You either have to start your own school of future Armageddon staff training or write an article on what it takes to be such :)

Great article, by the way.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I enjoyed the article, well written and good exposure for Arm.

I will say I end up on the side that does not discuss my mud life with those at work.  I shy away from even discussing it with co-workers, much less putting it on a job application.  I work IT, but I work it in a traditionaly computer-phobic field (Medical).  Trying to explain that I spend much of my recreational life playing a character in a text based game would at best draw blank stares, at worst folks wondering what is wrong with me.   But then all of IT is looked on as a bit off by the rest of the organization. :)
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

I'm too scared to be found a nerd to ever tell anyone I play MUDs.

Humorously enough, I often mention that I play a MUD. People do look at you just the slightest bit odd, but I have never had anyone decide I'm not cool because of it.

Step up your social game.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870