The Future of Northern Nobility

Started by Tlaloc, May 28, 2006, 03:30:23 AM

Quote from: "A Chosen Lady"Does this mean that current noble players are supposed to send their update emails to Tlaloc, Mekeda, and Nusku immediately rather than previous clan IMMs?

Yes.  They will let you know who your "primary" imm is, and the other two will be backup in case your primary becomes busy, goes on vacation, is put into federal witness protection, etc.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

When sending the E-mail to Naiona I was probably one of the biggest complainers about Tuluk.  But now I'm ready to try it again.  I think that this change is nothing short of genius.  Of course, that doesn't mean it won't have some unexpected shortcomings, but nevertheless, it's heartening to finally see some ingenuity after having to seethe at Tuluk for so long.
Back from a long retirement

That is surely an interesting and neat idea, though I can not imagine how much this will weight on IMMs.

Also, for a system like this to work, there must be a very good working some type of battle ground something like Triumverate that includes PC chosens in it. I do not know.. This seems extra hard work for IMMs to me really, deciding on which chosen is going on, who is going down.. who is doing right and wrong.

In any case, it will be extremely entertaining to watch how this system will affect Tuluk. Good luck and kudos to you, Tlaloc, Mekeda, and Nusku.

PS. About new houses... I do agree it would not be fun if an Uaptal Chosen is speaking about current farming issues, but does not have any idea how they are really doing... or worse nothing is changing whatever happens in PC population at all.

PS.2 Will Lyskae Chosens have some part in Legions?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Imagine a Professional Assassin in Tuluk.  Hired on by a noble house to do one assassination job against joe blow, and the noble house pays for the licence to the Templarment.  You go in, you kill, you leave.

And then Joe Blow's family hire the exact same professional assassin to go kill one in a noble house, and pay for the assassination attempt to the templarment.

I really wish people would not kill the assassin but to seek revenge against the one who paid for the assassination licence.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"I really wish people would not kill the assassin but to seek revenge against the one who paid for the assassination licence.

The true artist assassin is not going to get caught  :twisted: .

Sounds pretty exciting I can't wait!  Looks like I picked a good time to start playing again cept for a certain scene of obscene brutality I was put thru a few days after I came back   :?  :(  :x  :evil:

One more question though!  Is the flava-flav' of each of the house going to be maintained or are we going to see all the houses shift their focus on whatever is needed at the time?  Like are we going to see Winrothol say "Hey now that the reconstruction is over we don't have as much influence anymore and look at those Lyksae bums they're getting all this glory training soldiers, lets use our vast resources and build a bigger soldier training facility than Lyksae so we can kick their @$$e$!!!"  Then Lyksae says "well screw this, lets lay down our swords and become the biggest producers of baskets the world has ever seen!"  Winrothol becomes the new militant house and Lyksae creates the first basket monopoly.  Is this extent of change something the staff would be open too, or do you still want to see the current specialties of the houses maintained?  Just an example, but do you see what I mean?
anth: *tries to balance an evil laugh with a cheerful, open demeanor*

A sand-stuffed practice dummy looks down at you.

Come see Matrim's Armageddon website at:
http://ambushpaintball.com/armageddon

I haven't bothered to look, but perhaps there should be a nice page about, 'What should I be able to do, what should I want to do, what should I not do?' regarding the northern nobility.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I want to be part of this so bad >_< I loved Tuluk already and this makes it even better.

Are you guys taking noble apps now?  Or will you be waiting until Phase Two???

Mansa wrote:
QuoteI haven't bothered to look, but perhaps there should be a nice page about, 'What should I be able to do, what should I want to do, what should I not do?' regarding the northern nobility.

Rest assured, people have been working on documentation and other items to support this idea for some time in the background. (We've got some great player submissions in for this).  This should be a relatively smooth transition and the final product, as Tlaloc says, should form like Voltron.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

This sounds like a great idea.

Will there be the chance for nobles to have their own estates outside the city rather
than being cooped up in a quarter?
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Quote from: "Intrepid"This sounds like a great idea.

Will there be the chance for nobles to have their own estates outside the city rather

The perceived problem here will be addressed ICly.

Buh?  Outside the city?  Why??
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Is answer question?
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Quote from: "CRW"While I appreciate the effort I guess I just remain unsure that the playerbase can fully populate the 5 current noble clans, much less an additional 6 noble houses.

I'm a bit concerned as well, and I also hope a balance with the number of active nobles in Allanak can be maintained.

Quote from: "Empress"Sounds pretty exciting I can't wait!  Looks like I picked a good time to start playing again cept for a certain scene of obscene brutality I was put thru a few days after I came back   :?  :(  :x  :evil:

One more question though!  Is the flava-flav' of each of the house going to be maintained or are we going to see all the houses shift their focus on whatever is needed at the time?  Like are we going to see Winrothol say "Hey now that the reconstruction is over we don't have as much influence anymore and look at those Lyksae bums they're getting all this glory training soldiers, lets use our vast resources and build a bigger soldier training facility than Lyksae so we can kick their @$$e$!!!"  Then Lyksae says "well screw this, lets lay down our swords and become the biggest producers of baskets the world has ever seen!"  Winrothol becomes the new militant house and Lyksae creates the first basket monopoly.  Is this extent of change something the staff would be open too, or do you still want to see the current specialties of the houses maintained?  Just an example, but do you see what I mean?

Just qouting it, as it looks to have been overlooked.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"
Quote from: "Empress"Sounds pretty exciting I can't wait!  Looks like I picked a good time to start playing again cept for a certain scene of obscene brutality I was put thru a few days after I came back   :?  :(  :x  :evil:

Just qouting it, as it looks to have been overlooked.

Yes, Houses will still maintain their traditional 'duties'. If a noble wants to build something, they'll need to approach House Tenneshi for the engineering, House Winrothol for the slaves, House Dasari for the raw matierals, etc.

House Lyskae still does Lyskae stuff. Kassigarh still does Kassigarh stuff.

That said, it should be noted that *some* duties might fall into grey/fuzzy areas, and might become threatened. Nobles should consider carefully when venturing into these areas, as that's a good way to make enemies (unless that's what you're going for).

So the answer is a little of both. I suggest playing, and finding out IC about the nuances, because there's going to be a bunch.
Tlaloc
Legend

Quote from: "Moofassa"When can people who are interested, begin to apply for positions?
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: "Tlaloc in the original Staff Announcement"Within about a week or two the groundwork for Phase 1 of the Northern Nobility Plan will be completed. Here is what's going to be happening:

When finished, all Northern Noble Houses will be open for play.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"

Buh?  Outside the city?  Why??

Because there is a certain modicum of power behind building an estate and then
gathering a village/small town around it.  You have a certain amount of authority
and power over that area that a townhouse in the noble's quarter is going to be lacking
just a bit.  Not to mention, it would be more consistent with the idea that there have
been plats of land surrounding the city itself named after various houses.

Where would you rather have your uber secret meeting to have a rival noble killed:
In a backroom of a tavern where everyone can see you, at your home in the noble's
quarter where vnpcs are watching people come and go or at your private estate
where only someone putting time and effort into spying on your home will actually be
able to see that Nick the Knife showed up cloaked the night before Lord Tinglebottom
was slain?

Quote from: "Sir Diealot"

Is answer question?

Please rephrase the question.

Quote from: "Intrepid"
You have a certain amount of authority and power over that area that a townhouse in the noble's quarter is going to be lacking
just a bit.

While I'm not sure that building individual estates out in the scrubs is going to be a part of Phase II, I will say that you're likely going to be very pleased with certain aspects of it.
ack to retirement for the school year.

Quote from: "Bakha"
Quote from: "Intrepid"
You have a certain amount of authority and power over that area that a townhouse in the noble's quarter is going to be lacking
just a bit.

While I'm not sure that building individual estates out in the scrubs is going to be a part of Phase II, I will say that you're likely going to be very pleased with certain aspects of it.

Now that sounds pretty cool. :D

By the way, Bakha: Welcome back.

Welcome Backha..ha...haha.

Sorry.
b]YB <3[/b]

So, when are the players and PCs that are active nobles right now going to get more information about this?