Watch and Combat

Started by Cale_Knight, May 24, 2006, 04:31:46 PM

Quote from: "Irulan"So, I take that to mean that if they go into a different room, then try to hide, you will still have a chance of seeing them based on your watch. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

I highly doubt that this information will be made public.  However, I want to bring up one example, without using assassins and warriors.

TWO RANGERS are fighting in the desert.  Right Now, if you enter a fight, you stop "watching", automatically.  If Ranger A runs away from Ranger B, I think that Ranger B would want to watch where Ranger A went to, via the WATCH command, in order to chase down and find them.  I think it would be an excellent addition if you are forced to watch someone when you fight them.  I think it would be excellent if you are the one who is FLEE'ing, to lose your WATCH status.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"
I highly doubt that this information will be made public.  However, I want to bring up one example, without using assassins and warriors.

Yah, I was just guessing, based on Morgenes' statement. It sounds like if you are watching someone when they move into another room, you still have a chance at seeing them do something shady. I have no idea what the logistics behind it is, of it if is still as good as if they are in the same room. I would presume not...but that is just me making guesses.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

mansa's suggestion is simple and effective, that of forcing watch on your combat opponent, and breaking it on flee.

Quote from: "Agent_137"mansa's suggestion is simple and effective, that of forcing watch on your combat opponent, and breaking it on flee.

Or have watch give no bonus and bam doesn't matter.

Yamako.  Read the thread.

It does matter, because of assassins and rangers.  The watch auto-tracks them, if they try to reenter the room because they only left the coded room.  ICly, the other combatant is, most likely, still trying to keep a bead on the guy who just tried to kill him.
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

Mansa has it right.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: "Irulan"So, I take that to mean that if they go into a different room, then try to hide, you will still have a chance of seeing them based on your watch. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

-Irulan

You are wrong, currently if they are not in the same room there is no chance of maintaining watching them if they hide.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I stand corrected.  :oops:

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."