Re: Hey Folks., We're Back

Started by Cavus, May 22, 2006, 08:00:35 PM

Wooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Halfling baby 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

It is so nice to hear that halflings will be playable again. I am so excited. Tell me tell me how many karma will it be? I know there will be an announcement but I couldn't stop my curiousity. You guys great. You worked hard at meeting huh?
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

I'm sure it'll be special-app only, man.

I for one hope they fail miserably so we can try gith, instead. ;)

-WP jokes. Halflings are tight.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I think gith would be the tits.

But mad props for halflings.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I wanna play a kank.

Guild choices: domesticated mount, wild kank

Subguild choices: pack animal, travel kank, battle kank

Imagine the possibilities!
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"I wanna play a kank.

Lol.

Gith, wow, that would be cool, but halfling are sweet too.  I'd like to play a braxat.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

You know, now that I think about it, would kind of be cool to be karma-based.  I wouldn't see anything wrong with an increase in halflings.  I think I would actually like seeing more halflings than magickers.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

As far as I know, we wouldn't actually see more halflings then magickers.  Because the way they are setup, they wouldn't really interact with the rest of the playerbase.

That being said, I'd love to play a halfling. :)

I wasn't ready before... but this time? I'd totally gives a halfling a go.
Peace, love, and carnage, bitches.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "Hymwen"I wanna play a kank.

Been done honey bunches of oats :)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I love the idea of halflings, but I'd die in an iso clan.

Heck, everybody should special app a halfling, then we could band together and destroy Tuluk!

(destroying Tuluk is cool, everybody should do it.)

Well, halfling is a lot better than Mantis but I would have preferred to see gith a ton more.  Still any additions are an awesome.

Quote from: "CRW"Well, halfling is a lot better than Mantis but I would have preferred to see gith a ton more.  Still any additions are an awesome.
Gith would be awesome as they're in the Tablelands, prime territory for dealing with Kurac, Luir's Outpostians and Desert Elves. However gith also haven't been worked on anywhere near as much (at least, I assume that's true).

I'm still eager to hear if two noble houses are still going to shut down and another clan rise in their place.

I'm eager to here what new changes thought up during AIM are going in this week! (Although I certainly won't be dissapointed if none end up going in. After all, I'd think any changes discussed would need more time to complete).

Quote from: "John"However gith also haven't been worked on anywhere near as much (at least, I assume that's true).

Well, I think only a staffmember can make an accurate statement about whether or not a given clan has been worked on since it's possible to do a lot of the building outside of the active gameworld before dropping it into place.  Granted the way that halflings were run through a test scenario probably means the staff isn't likely at this point to be dropping a new playable race into the game without doing an initial pilot.  But all that is besides the point of gith awesomeness.

Pretty much anywhere in the red desert, tablelands, etc, would be feasible for a gith starting/activity location.  Plus the dynamic of gith and other races, while inherently hostile based on what I've read, still has more openings for interactions with the players of a non-combat type than halflings.  Having only read about halflings, never played them, I understand their culture to be so foreign and their view of things in a very binary "FOOD||NOT-FOOD" outlook seems to leave very few options for interaction that don't end with the command 'eat body'.

I'm not complaining about the obvious work that has been done and I'm really glad that there's going to be a new race in the game to learn to play and any new race option is a good race option.  I'd probably characterize gith as 'more-gooder' due to my fondness for their culture.

^ Exactly what CRW said.

Besides... I'd love to turn some T'zai Byn patrols into lunchmeat.

You know, in revenge for my 102,398,196 fallen cousins.

The only way I'd really be in full support of halflings is if they eat all the desert elves.

Or Tuluki bards.

Or each other.

Actually, I think halflings should all have the flaw in Vampire: the Masquerade, where they can only feed on one specific type of food (bards, templars, dwarves with blue eyes). Then they'd at least have a reason to come out and interact.

But no, seriously, have them eat up all the delves and I'll love them forever.

I'm more towards gith as well..

It'd be nice to have another chance at playing them some day.

Hot Dancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

QuoteI think halflings should all have the flaw in Vampire: the Masquerade, where they can only feed on one specific type of food

Petite females.

Just kidding ;)

Or am I?!
b]YB <3[/b]

I hate to break this to everyone, but...humans are the most plentiful race in the Known
World.  And they have the greatest chance of being weak and softened by the cities.

We call it picking off the stragglers from the herd.  Down with humans!

Oh, and bon appetit to all the soon-to-be-new halflings. ;)
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Heh, I did not like the halflings last time. Also it takes a bunch of great players into some iso. place. On the other hand, I guess they had great fun time together.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Some of the statements being made about halflings are inaccurate. And they're -very- interesting and different to play. There is much more to them than: "FOOD||NOT FOOD". And there is totally the possibility of interaction with  them that doesn't end in "eat corpse". It just depends on the actions of the pcs involved.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I would defintly, defintly, defintly, defintly, defintly, play a halfling.

Sorry Ritley, halfling culture places a large emphasis on spelling.

I just hope that people remember there is more to halfers than eating big folks. Yannow, the oral culture, the all for the tribe mentality.. the waste not want not attitude. I am not sure if the Armageddon mythos/history includes the Pristine Tower or the Green Age.. but eh..

Also helpful would probably be that which is actually in the halfling helpfiles rather than the kank droppings I am remembering from my research into them for Dark Sun.

They are both similar and dissimilar to Dark Sun halflings...I'll leave how up to the docs, though.  I am looking forward to apping another halfling, though, when my current character is done.  It's been a while since we were allowed to play them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

There are plans for other nonhuman races, further down the line.  If you want to see them at some point - keep recruiting new players and making sure the people trying the game out get hooked. ;)

Quote from: "Sanvean"There are plans for other nonhuman races, further down the line.  If you want to see them at some point - keep recruiting new players and making sure the people trying the game out get hooked. ;)

Just out of curiosity, are any of these extremely not human?  Like Mantises?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: "ale six"Sorry Ritley, halfling culture places a large emphasis on spelling.

:(

Quote from: "Sanvean"There are plans for other nonhuman races, further down the line.  If you want to see them at some point - keep recruiting new players and making sure the people trying the game out get hooked. ;)

If it is possible, can you tell how much DKP you will require for halflings? !DKP as d-elves maybe? or similar to half-giant DKP?
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

THAT'S A FIFTY DKP MINUS!!!!!
subdue thread
release thread pit

Can someone link the Armageddon Flyer?  Post it up in the comic book shoppes around town.  Seriously!  And at university / college.  Do it.  Take pictures of it.  Post them here.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one