Contact and crafting

Started by Majikal, April 27, 2006, 10:58:34 PM

At the moment contact breaks crafting and I was wondering if anyone else is slightly annoyed by that. Not too big a deal, just curious on everyone elses thoughts.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

If I'm crafting then I'm too busy to contact.

Sure sometimes you "just leave things soaking" or whatever, but your free to do that AFTER the delay.

Imo, the Way is too casual as is. I don't think we should be Waying while fighting, getting busy with our mudsex partners, or sewing plates onto leather. Like the above said, some tasks are simpler, but I'd much rather not be able to contact someone while boiling an egg than be able to contact someone while coordinating the construction of a wagon.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Yeah, I agree. I know it 'is' annoying. But hey .... whatever makes way more difficult in a fashion that doesnt involve newbie consciousness loss, I'm all for it.

i forget sometimes, and then I huff, craft again, finish, then send my way.

sometimes I feel twinking just standing in one place firing off connects, messages, and disconnects, but eh.

If they make the way harder, I would cheer. If they leave it like it is, I don't mind. If they make it easier, I will complain.

THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Crafting is supposed to take concentration, it's not a "fire and forget" type of thing.  The Way also requires concentration.  Your feeble brains cannot handle both at once!
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"Crafting is supposed to take concentration, it's not a "fire and forget" type of thing.  The Way also requires concentration.  Your feeble brains cannot handle both at once!

In that case, those psionicist/stonecrafter combinations should be looked at!  Big brains, they must have.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "LauraMars"
Quote from: "Halaster"Crafting is supposed to take concentration, it's not a "fire and forget" type of thing.  The Way also requires concentration.  Your feeble brains cannot handle both at once!
In that case, those psionicist/stonecrafter combinations should be looked at!  Big brains, they must have.
They still don't worm about in your brain while crafting.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Ah ha!  So the secret of preventing captives from ratting you out via the Way is to force them to spam-craft!   :)

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins