Disarm

Started by JRB, April 19, 2006, 12:01:41 AM

Doesn't it seem that people tend to fumble their weapons about half the time when they are trying to do a disarm, (including npcs)?  This buggy?
he two-page description man has arrived from the west.

i've only seen those with low disarm fumble at any steady rate.

those with high disarm are absolutely fearful.

Quote from: "Agent_137"i've only seen those with low disarm fumble at any steady rate.

those with high disarm are absolutely fearful.

I've seen a fumble before at a very, very bad moment from a warrior with a pretty decent disarm skill. It was a stupid mistake that was the end for that guy.

Quote from: "jcarter"I've seen a fumble before at a very, very bad moment from a warrior with a pretty decent disarm skill. It was a stupid mistake that was the end for that guy.
No skill is meant to succeed 100% of the time. Was this warrior always fumbling? If so, why do you say he had a "pretty decent disarm skill"?

Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "jcarter"I've seen a fumble before at a very, very bad moment from a warrior with a pretty decent disarm skill. It was a stupid mistake that was the end for that guy.
No skill is meant to succeed 100% of the time. Was this warrior always fumbling? If so, why do you say he had a "pretty decent disarm skill"?

If disarm doesn't succeed, then you don't disarm the other person. You don't fumble and drop your weapon unless you really fail it hard. I've never actually seen someone have a "steady" rate of disarm fumbes. In my opinion, once you pass a certain point you should probably be above the level of fumbling, especially if you're able to reverse other people's disarms.

Well I dunno, my pc fumbles all the time, and he can disarm well enough to do special things with disarm.
he two-page description man has arrived from the west.

You have to realize disarm isn't based just on the skill. It's based on several factors/checks in combat to decide whether they avoid you, reverse you, or you fumble.

-R
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "RunningMountain"You have to realize disarm isn't based just on the skill. It's based on several factors/checks in combat to decide whether they avoid you, reverse you, or you fumble.

-R

RM is right...not sure if I should go into an further details, so I won't.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D