I never knew this.

.x <command>
    Execute the following <command>.

Examples:
  -> .d3
  -> .f
  -> .q
  -> .x time

And I've been playing a LONG time. That is awesome. Being able to execute commands, or emotes, while writing a rumor or in your bio is something I never knew was possible.

-RM
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I believe it's claimed to have had this functionality for some time now. But I wonder, did it ever really work?

.f has worked for as long as I've played here.  It is extremely useful for preventing your rumor board posts from driving people crazy.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

How do you get .i to work?

Quote from: "John"How do you get .i to work?

The method I've found that works best is to:

write a paragraph
.i
<return>
.i
write another paragraph
.i
<return>
.i
etc.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

aha! So that's how you do it!

Quote from: "John"I believe it's claimed to have had this functionality for some time now. But I wonder, did it ever really work?

Yes, it used to be .d for 'do'.  I put in .d [now x] many years ago. Tiernan changed it to .x when he made .d delete (I believe)
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

That Timelord... who KNOWS -when- he changed it. Maybe even before Morgenes originally coded it to .d? So confusing.

Quote from: "Yang"That Timelord... who KNOWS -when- he changed it. Maybe even before Morgenes originally coded it to .d? So confusing.

Oh Snap!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one