Where did you start out?

Started by Antigone, April 13, 2006, 07:47:18 PM

Seeing as I've played many great mu*'s that have disappeared, was wondering if I'd run into anybody who I'd know..
I started RPing on a D&D AOL "forum" (forget the name..the age of magick?) 'fore I got hooked on mud's (and thank god for that).

The OTHER Armageddon, the apocalyptic city based one, was my fav and first before it disappeared. played Solarin. I figured many of the players would have eventually tried this Armageddon.

Ancient Anguish----> Dark and Shattered Lands -----> ARM
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Muddog----------->Mirtos----------->Armageddon.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Mario-> Aiden's Chronicals(sp?)-> Diablo -> Armageddon
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

TempusMud ------> Message Board -----> Armageddon
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Imperium (small, out of the way H&S mud) ---> Armageddon
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Dark Castle (I was Kate/Mirth on there)  --> here

Tried lots of moos, mucks and muds-----> New Moon---> many year lull ----> paid dissatisfied customer of Threshold-----> Armageddon
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Alter Aeon --> Avendar --> Harshlands --> Shadows of Isildur --> Arm.

The Eternal City --> Harshlands --> Armageddon

PernMush (and many other MUSHes)----> The Magic Realm (dial up BBS mud) ---> Darkover mud---> Aardwolf---> Threshold ---> here
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

RealmsMud (LP) ----> Armageddon

I've cheated on Arm with a few Mushes, but it was never serious. I swear!
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Achaea ---> Armageddon.

Yes, I improved! :)

Armageddon was the first MUD I ever took seriously, although I'd been sampling muds for years before I got into Arm.  All thanks to Alamos, I am here now.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Yeah, Rhydin free-form on aol chatrooms first. Dragonrealms by Simutronics (before it left aol) then utter devastation for six months or so after it went pay-to-play, until I discovered the mud community. I've probably dabbled in thousands. Lots of SMAUG and SWR (imperial navy forever, bitches!) and little games with neat gimick codes.

Wow, every time I think of a mud that I played for a week before moving on in search of the perfect game, it reminds me of three more that I tried out. Thank god I came along to Arm.

..on that thought, why are you trying to look back? You've found the right place and the right people right here.
Dig?

Redemption(a piss poor RP turned to hardcore H&S) for about 9-10 years-----> here.

Arm is the best there is. No doubt.
your mother is an elf.

The Eternal City- For a while I was the best cestus user in the game, I started a long time before they introduced them, so when they did I picked them up right away. His name was Scortlius, and I used to take solo trips to the thug/brute place far northeast of the city. Then I went on and was taking out cineran soldiers before they went to pay-to-play, would have stayed but I didn't feel like dishing out cash.

Then here.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rhydin before it was Rhydin and years of Rhydin after it puked into being.
Briar

And the Nonman King cried words that sting:
"Now to me you must confess,
For death above you hovers!"
And the Emissary answered ever wary:
"We are the race of flesh,
We are the race of lovers."
     -"Ballad of the Inchoroi"

:arrow: Dragon Realms :arrow: Some H -N- S MUD :arrow: Accursed Lands :arrow: Armageddon :arrow: SOI :arrow: Accursed Lands :arrow: Armageddon

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Threshold -->  Armageddon

I tried lots of others though, but never stuck with one for more than a few weeks.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"I tried lots of others though, but never stuck with one for more than a few weeks.
If those don't count then I came to Armageddon straight away.

The only other "mud" I'd like to play is OtherSpace, but after Arm's codebase, it just doesn't compare.

Sojourn/Toril -> SoI (for like a week) -> Armageddon
b]YB <3[/b]

Carrionfields --> Armageddon