Watch expansion to navigation.

Started by FightClub, April 05, 2006, 05:05:20 AM

Quote from: "FightClub"I was thinking about it, often times when you're endlessly bumping into walls in a sandstorm, you can see two rooms away, or have a very limited option of space.  I was thinking in those situations, perhaps an expansion of the -watch- command to incorporate focal points.

Like i'm in a sandstorm, I can see from me, this guy two leagues away, so I use. watch east (man)  

If your watch skill is high enough, you'll be able to navigate forward using that focal point, in a case where a target such as a man were not presented, you could use just simple watch east, with more of a decrease in probability.

I'm thinking something like 3 leagues visibility 75-100% prob of making it.
2 rooms vis a lot lower, one room, you're essentially blind, if everywhere is faint 0%

Having a focal point like a statue, or would boost these probabilities...  While being in an endless wasteland, you would pretty fucked.  Limited exits  like only travelling north or south, would boost it as well maybe...

Not sure, but it's something to think on, thoughts anyone?

carried from crawl thread.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

It's actually a bug that you can "look" as far as two rooms away through a sandstorm that's otherwise causing you to lose your bearings, not an intended feature.

-- X

What's the deal with storms  starting in the same area, same time, ever day?  I've noticed it few the past couple of days now, seems a bit unrealistic.
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Um, why is it unrealistic? There is 'some' stability to storms. Some places are more known for it, some less.

Same storm, same place, every time, every day?

Speak to a forecaster, that's like lightning striking twice in the same place, it happens, but rarely.

Quote from: "FightClub"Same storm, same place, every time, every day?

Speak to a forecaster, that's like lightning striking twice in the same place, it happens, but rarely.

I would blame the Magicker who is starting those storms.  That's who I would speak to about lighting striking twice.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one