Peeking the subdued

Started by UnderSeven, March 30, 2006, 12:10:59 PM

Recently I had an idea, what if you could get an auto success with peek, regardless if you have the skill, on a subdued person.

You might be scratching your head now and saying, why would we wanna do that? Or, you're just stupid UnderSeven.  Well wait! Check this yo, I might have a good idea.

Currently the only coded way to search a person, is knock them the out and try to steal what you think they might have.  Or kill them, 'See that's the kind of thinking that lost you the pearl, it's easier to search someone when they're dead'  

Eek.

So check it, if you have someone subdued you should be able to search that pesky place called inventory, but you can't.  Therefore I suggest instant peek success for all! against subdued people.

I like it.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

What if they're subdued by a half-giant, and they're inventory is 14 feet in the air?
(har har)

I think it's a valid idea.
your mother is an elf.

Peek should also succeed on unconcious people.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Hey comon now, everyone knows that the easiest way to hide spice from a templar is to have it in your inventory. No no no. I hate this idea.

Not to mention, my IC reason for killing people would be ruined. You can only take stuff from dead people you know.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"Not to mention, my IC reason for killing people would be ruined. You can only take stuff from dead people you know.

If they're unconscious you have 100% steal, even if you're an unshady wussy merchant.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Yeah, but you cannot see what they're holding in their inventory. They could have a giant backpack, but you'de never know.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

I agree peek should work on subdued and unconscious people.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

This will be in this weekend.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I want to send Morgenes beer.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: "Morgenes"This will be in this weekend.

Jesus. How come every single idea gets shot down, no matter how valid it is?

You make me sick.

:D
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Morgenes does it again.  And so I say he is the man.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Thanks! :)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I think it should echo to the players of those who are subdued, too.

And perhaps to those who are sleeping

(someone puts their hands in your pants)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I wasn't aware that steal worked all the time when the victim was asleep. If he's unconsious, then yes, I agree that it should. But when you are asleep you really need the ability to react in some way.

SO, glad to hear it's going in. But here's perhaps an add-on thought, if it doesn't already exist.

Echo and/or check for Steal when victim is asleep.
No Echo or Check for Peek when victim is asleep.
No Echo or Check for either Steal or Peek when Victim is unconsious.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Morgenes"This will be in this weekend.
I'm sending you the half-giant gigilos that Aldiel gave me.
Back from a long retirement

I want to make out with you Morg....

...unless you're a dude. But, if that's the case, I'll find someone for you! Pick your poison! Dudes, chicks...whatever!

:twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

You know, those pre-shaved, perfect height members of my harem that I promised Ghost?  Yeah, Morgenes gets them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

out of curiousity. Can you just do a <steal 1. victim> That'll steal whatever object that comes first in the victim's inventory.

Quote from: "Folker"out of curiousity. Can you just do a <steal 1. victim> That'll steal whatever object that comes first in the victim's inventory.
That's a very unrealiable method, and it could just as easily try to steal the person's shirt or pants.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Are you sure, Larrath? I believe the items in your inventory go before the worn items. So if the person has anything in inventory, you'd take it. Though if it doesnt ... then yeah, he'd go for the shirt or pants. But I'm sure it can be rped out

Quote from: "Folker"out of curiousity. Can you just do a <steal 1. victim> That'll steal whatever object that comes first in the victim's inventory.

The purpose of Steal is to have a target item in mind, and you take it.  You make the decision as a person, and you go through with it, with some specific result in mind.

Having a generic 'steal' command is very OOC and not a logical thing to do.  If you're just reaching into a backpack and stealing the first thing that touches your hand, you're obviously a poor thief.  That's something stupid to do, because you don't know how loud, or heavy, or alive the item is.

I'm very much against that idea.  It turns it more into a game rather than a mimic of real life.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one