Started by moab, March 26, 2006, 05:33:21 PM

Autoresponder?

Yes
10 (62.5%)
No
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 02, 2006, 06:33:21 PM

I thought it might be a cool idea (for the paranoid types like myself) to have an autoresponder on the mud@ginka.armageddon.org account.

Something like responding back "Yeah, we got your email. Be chilled and someone will get back to yas."

Good or Bad Idea?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I'd rather not, but I just don't like tons of auto-clutter in my inbox.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I'd rather not as well, given the amount of emails I send that are cc'd to Mud. That would be a -huge- amount of spam, and really only tell you exactly what you're being told by -not- recieving a mail error saying your message couldn't be delivered. Those few who's email to Mud does get lost in the cracks, would probably have been lost even if an autoresponder had said 'Yeah, we got it.' Sometimes, mistakes are made. Damn our humanity! :evil:

I'd liek this cause there seem to be emails swallowed by the server even if you don't get that response...
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I'd love a ticket system to be implemented.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I think the request tool that Raesanos is working on will greatly reduce the issues associated with account mail.  If you see something that you mail into the account that isn't being covered by the tool, please post on that topic.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff