More Mini-Games? Think of some more!

Started by mansa, March 17, 2006, 11:46:30 AM

Mini-Games.  Quests.  Jobs.  Automated Adventures.

I think that if there were a couple more cool jobs and minigames in the MUD, we'll have more people sticking around.  We'll have more people -NOT- getting bored and logging out.

We have Arm Wrestling.  We have Gambling.  We have Spice Hunting.  We have Obsidian Mining.  We have Mineral Mining.  We have Foraging.

I think we should have more.

What sort of mini games would you like to see added to the world?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I agree. I think we need more Pc to NPC quests. Not in the terms of normal muds, but our own arm ones.

And I still want to arm wrestle other Pcs.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

- A delievery quest that happens once every week in game, to deliever certain goods from point A to point B.  Using the talk command and the give command.

When you complete the quest, it auto-writes a comment in your biography and prevents you from completing it again.  

Next quest should be more items to more people, with a timer.  Once you complete a certain ammount of quests, you're able to buy 'special' items from the quest giver.

You cannot be able to 'edit' the biography inserts from NPC quest givers.

Rewards should be small, for coins or for items that the quest giver sells.

Yeah.  That would be fun.  Give me something to do when I'm bored and feeling uncreative.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

There is already something like it, somewhere.

However, it's usually unavailable, since enough people know about it to drastically reduce the probability of any one person actually being able to do it.

Unless it's on a timer on an individual basis, of course.  I don't have access to that information.

Basically, if you added these into the game, people would be running to them every time the mud crashed or reset.  If you made it such that they could only do it once, then it would become standard operating procedure for newbies to do it immediately, especially if there was a reward, because the earlier you invest your rewards, the greater the gains will ultimately be (looking at it from a purely economic standpoint).

I'd like to see something less quest-like and more of the foraging/mining-type, personally.  Small daily rewards for performing menial tasks.  Things you will never get rich from, but will give you enough 'sid to stay fed and watered, at the very least.

The only problem I can foresee with this is that it will further fragment the PC base into another subsection: "Menial Independent Workers."  Furthermore, these menial independents, since their tasks ought to take a lot of time in themselves, won't really be contributing much at all to the game world.  Certainly nothing that an NPC with a properly-set ldesc couldn't do.

So...meh.  It might be nice, but we can probably do without it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Well, really. If we attract more newbies and they stay with the game longer, we can suck them into our little world and ween them off of NPc quests for more Pc to Pc interaction.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Synthesis"...Basically, if you added these into the game, people would be running to them every time the mud crashed or reset.  If you made it such that they could only do it once, then it would become standard operating procedure for newbies to do it immediately, especially if there was a reward, because the earlier you invest your rewards, the greater the gains will ultimately be (looking at it from a purely economic standpoint)...

I think having it automatically add a comment into your Biography section would help people to use the Biography command.  And you can always have a coded check to the biography section to see if you've already completed the quest.

I think this is LoD's take on it.  He's always good for a read and a ponder.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=147752#147752