It makes me sad...

Started by Lonely Hunter (tm), February 22, 2006, 01:05:47 PM

...that every open staff role seems to say "during peak hours". I would love to see one that said, "during off peak hours to give those players some luv to!". Anyway...I haven't played in awhile but have been watching the boards for that open role post that seems cool and fits my new times but it never comes. It makes baby kanks cry.

~The Lonely Hunter

Everyone knows that pc templars aren't needed for europeans. They are a very clean people, with no crime at all.

It's the americans that need constant watching!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

That's it, prepare to be invaded!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Yea, if every role you post is for peak players only... Then there won't be any templars online during off-peak hours. No templars for the off-peak people at all. I've noticed this before... Can't we have someone to harass us, too?

pretty please?

Just one off-peak templar in every city at any given time?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

No! I love logging in early in the morning with no PCs around and killing all the NPCs around allanak, looting their corpses and selling their gear, they'll never find me! Hahaha!
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I had no idea this was overlooked. It is indeed saddening. . . ONE MORE REASON TO LOVE BEING AMERICAN.

*ducks the incoming cheese and empty wine bottles*

But seriously, yea. I don't know what the population is like in the off hours, but i've always dreamed of an off-peak byn sergeant recruiting all the off-peak newbies and taking over the world while all the americani sleep.

Well, the main reason Naiona and I ask that Allanaki templars be peak time players, is because we are peak time players.  And we need to be able to see our clannies online and interact with them.

If Adhira were on board with the AoD, I wouldn't mind having an off-peak templar.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

And also, there's a secret conspiracy against off-peak players because we are pretty sure they probably smell like cheese.

Seriously though,  PCs with as much power as templars are monitored pretty constantly and they need to be around when we are around to monitor them.  Also, we have to consider how a PC leader will have the most impact to the most players, which usually means peak time when we have limited leaders available.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

It wasn't just that post, but that was the one that kind of spurred me in the side to say something ;)

You guys know me, I'm not tryen to hate on you Halasterd or Naiona  :twisted:

~The Lonely Hunter

Quote from: "Nao"Yea, if every role you post is for peak players only... Then there won't be any templars online during off-peak hours. No templars for the off-peak people at all. I've noticed this before... Can't we have someone to harass us, too?

I often send in applications for templar roles, and in fact I'm half praying that my current character dies so that I can do so immediately.

When I do so, I usually try to log in during the mornings at least once a week and this thread has convinced me to make even more of a point of doing so the next time I play a templar.

Of course, any off-peak players that encounter me probably won't be too happy about it, because the real reason I do this is so I can wander around looking for people wearing red and twinkishly kill them while Naiona and Hawaster aren't watching.

DAMN COMMIES

GREEN IS THE AMERICAN WAY
Back from a long retirement

Just because they're on at peek hours doesn't mean they can't also been on at off-time hours.  But I know what you're saying.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

You'll never see any of my posts for vacant roles ask for peak hour folks only.

Adhira the late night prowler, supporter of off-peak roles and watcher of late night shenanigans (yes, that means YOU).
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

IMHO the problem is not only that there is not a templar in off-peaks but also that off-peak players are limited in what they can or cannot play.

Quote from: "Morfeus"IMHO the problem is not only that there is not a templar in off-peaks but also that off-peak players are limited in what they can or cannot play.

I understand what you're saying. I myself do try staying on through later hours so that I can interact with off-peak players, though it can be tough. I sacrifice my sleep for you so I can kill you!  :P

Quote from: "Adhira"Adhira the late night prowler, supporter of off-peak roles and watcher of late night shenanigans (yes, that means YOU).

It's true. Krath.
your mother is an elf.