Favorite Armageddon Bugs

Started by Twilight, February 21, 2006, 03:25:16 PM

***Please, no currently active ones!!!***

Care to relate any favorite, amusing or otherwise interesting bugs people have encountered over the years?  My top two that I have encountered personally are:

When the tent code went in I was playing a character in a place with a tent, only it wasn't the tent code kind, it was the permanent building code kind.  So I logged in and left the tent no problem, then entered the tent and....was in one of the new tents, full of about six Byn, most sleeping.  Because of my race, this was a very, very bad place for my character to be.  Imagine being chased by a half giant, and trying to wish up at the same time to explain how I just moved halfway across the world due to a bug, and um, and immediate fix would be nice or this half-giant is going to catch up to my character and kill it.

Another time, a little while after the North took Tuluk back over, I managed to find a way into Tuluk circa pre-invasion.  Unfortunately I could never find my way back to the original pre-cataclysm Tuluk, or I might have stayed there.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I think everybody enjoys exploring so much, and then finding yourself in an unfinished area.  Oops.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

There was an encampment (wagon object) that was missing a flag.  So I picked it up.

It was sort of fun having my own personal civilization in my backpack.  Anytime I needed some food or water, I'd drop my encampment and head on in to buy some stuff.  Needless to say this was a LONG LONG time ago.

-LoD

Tracking creatures were not able to 'leave', so once I had to wish up twice to keep a raptor following me. (Yes, I needed him following me but it liked wandering inside caves)..
Err.. I would love to write down a few funnier ones, but not sure if they're repaired yet.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

The subdue <nitwit>;draw halfsword;backstab <nitwit> bug.  You could inflict great damage even if your backstab skill was weak.  The only catch was that you had to succeed with the subdue...and if you failed...boy, were you in trouble.

Ah, but those were the days when dwarf or mul assassin/guards ruled the streets.

I still think this made sense (like grabbing someone from behind and brutally slashing their throat), but they "fixed" it.

Edited to add: This actually offered a nice solution to the current backstab training debate.  You could (can) easily practice your subdue skill, and you didn't really need to spam train backstab at all, since it was so effective right out of the box against a subdued target, so you could be dangerous without randomly backstabbing things all the time.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Once, myself and a couple other spellcasters discovered that one can get multiple people through magick to where only one should ever be.  Well, the way it works is that as soon as the creator of that place doesn't want to be there, the place stops being...and it stopped being with two people, literally, nowhere.

Yeah, that one crashed the game.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

My favorite bug...
Was when i was killing a bunch of gith and there was like 6 against me and I kept killing them, they only knocked me down 30 HP. Don't know how it happened.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Shortly after they changed the weight code so that small items could weigh less than 1 stone, I found a bush with dozens, more likely hundreds of fruit in it.   :D  More fruit than I could carry.  Sweet.

One time I found I could buy a nifty backpack in the Blackwing outpost and sell it for a tidy profit in Luir's outpost.  I discovered a trade route!  I am a wily merchant!  Then I realized that I could sell the backpack (or any container) to the very same merchant I had just purchased it from for a tidy profit.  D'oh.  Turns out the merchant had his wires crossed on the cost/price multipliers.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Long ago,
    Back when I was worse than now...I killed a templar and took his stuff.  Well, it was a team effort, but I got his belt.  That belt could hold the wardrobe of eight Philipino Dictators.  It was Phat!
-yc

Two that stick out in my mind.

One, this one special outdoor place we were scoping out, one of the party climbed the bluff and said he saw a figure with a cloak just like mine guarding the place.  So we built up this mini plot surrounding the place being guarded.  The problem was it turned out to be a room bug, climing up and looking one room to the north, it ended up the reason the guard was wearing the same cloak as me was that it was me.

Another, after an IMM animated NPC was killed by mine, a little time went by and my character was going to loot the corpse, even wayed someone that he found a cool bow.  But first he saw a item, one you use break to get at the contents.  So I go "break item" and low and behold I get an echo showing me "breaking" the burly NPC, which was now gone.  Hard to explain later why I didn't have the bow after all.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Yellowcactus reminds me of the time I killed a halfgiant in the middle of the desert that belonged to the militia. It was out in the middle of the desert, unconcious, alone, armed, in the middle of the desert.

I became wanted for life, (died because I couldn't get back into allanak and tried to go to red storm, but found 2 beetles.)

Anyways, I stole the halfgiants "Two handed jade greatsword"

drop sword
get sword
You pick up a two handed jade greatsword.
It is very light.

Ep sword
You take hold of the sword in your primary hand.

In the end, I died.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

The only one I could remember is being able to skin a head from a beheaded corpse and get all of the items one would get from the actual body.

- HK
- HK

Quote from: "HunterKiller"
Actually last I checked (and this has been years) if you ran out of stamina while climbing you could neither climb nor descend, as both attempts will give you too tired message.  The workaround was to put something in both hands so you get the "bad move" message and down you go.

That happened to me once.  I finally got down by knocking myself out with the way.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Some animals turns into a "shell" object under some conditions. Put the shelled animal on table, sit at the table, wait for the animal to come out... poof, you're sitting 'at the animal'. Just don't let it walk away  :twisted:
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Anael stole mine. Not only did the animal walk away though, it was promptly killed by some soldier NPCs. And then the game crashed.
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

I wonder if that has happened more then once or was it at a particular tavern in the north known for its booze? That one was quite funny till the crash.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job