Telenet...some help?

Started by YellowCactus, February 14, 2006, 07:40:42 PM

I learned to play Armageddon from a friend several years ago.  He used Wintin95, so that's what I use at home.  I am completely not-computer literate.  With that said, sometimes I play from friend's computers with telenet and I'd like to see what I type as I play.  What do you type make the Armageddon Telenet show what your typing.  I think it has something to do with the 'redraw' command, but can't remember the code.
Thanks in advance,
Yc

You're looking for the "local echo" setting.  You're on Windows XP I take it?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "YellowCactus"I learned to play Armageddon from a friend several years ago.  He used Wintin95, so that's what I use at home.  I am completely not-computer literate.  With that said, sometimes I play from friend's computers with telenet and I'd like to see what I type as I play.  What do you type make the Armageddon Telenet show what your typing.  I think it has something to do with the 'redraw' command, but can't remember the code.
Thanks in advance,
Yc

Go to  www.zuggsoft.com  and download the (free) old version of Zmud....
Umm S.I.R., are you aware you were using a 12.7 in a 7.62 zone? Step out of the van, please."

-Bob Hollingsworth

screw zmud, it's way too complicated, espescially if he can't figure out how to turn on local echo in telnet.

simplemu or wyrmnet:
http://simplemu.onlineroleplay.com/download.html <-shareware

http://www.wyrmsoftware.co.uk/freeware/wyrmnet.asp <---freeware

I currently use wyrmnet. It's perfect for armageddon, and the only problem is that if you don't put a target on an alias you have to add a space at the end of the command to make it work. Simplemu is actually LESS simple than wyrmnet. Far less simple, and shareware. But I used to use it, and it was good except for some troublesome alt-tab issues. (that being, it wouldn't alt-tab away)

If you want help with either contact me in any of the fashions you see below:

Oh yea, if you still must use telnet (bad idea), then do this:

set localecho

And do that -before- you log into armageddon. if you forget, type CTRL + ] to get back to the  background screen.

And if you forget "set localecho" then type ?/help for a list of help commands, and then type ? set for a list of set commands where you'll find the localecho information.

Use wyrmnet.