Hot gortok venders

Started by IAmJacksOpinion, January 29, 2006, 04:18:12 AM

On the southwestern arena floor: Wading casually past seventeen seperate body parts that floot gently in the rippling, knee high see of blood, the macabre, violent-natured templar says, in sirihish:
  "And now, for our main event! A gaj, versus forty-two elves, versus seven silt horrors versus a northern templar versus a small tribe of halflings versus a silt horror versus this impressively handbar-mustached man versus this half-naked team of D-cupped mud wrestlers!"

You're dehydrated.
You're famished.

You suffer from dehydration.

think Oh, Shit!

stand

d,e,n,w,w,w,w,n,n,e,
list
buy food
buy drink
eat
drink
w,s,s,e,e,e,e,s,w,u,
sit

On the north eastern arena floor: Pulling his thuja wood paddle out of the rippling blood and resting it causally across the sides of his gently rocking canoe the macabre, violent natured templar says in sirihish:
  "Wow! Didn't expect that at all folks! What an unlikely winner! What an event!"

The macabre, violent natured templar's canoe rocks violently as the impressively handle-bar mustached man backstrokes another lap around the arena floor, aparently completely unharmed.

See, my idea is a simple one to keep this all-too-common event from occuring.

Venders.

Just have some guy with a tray of food walking between the rows in the stands in Allanak. Kinda like a bazaar merchant. The vendor randomly walks the stands, moving another screen every several minutes. This way people don't have to worry about packing in food before hand, or making sure their flask is full, or any other stuff that we do to make sure we can enjoy the games without having the pesky risk of dying half way through.

I think it would make total sense. People are there! They're excited! They're gonna see some blood! And, by the Highlord, they're gonna get drunk as they do so!

It'd even be fun. We could start submissions thread to post special items that would be convenient for a spectator.

A chipped clay mug of ale
 - This mug looks as though it has been dropped on more than one occasion, only to be picked up and refilled with ale. Can't say as it's been cleaned between the former and the latter, but what the hell?

A githskull cup of something strong
 - Every arena needs to offer its spectators the chance to drink blood out of something that was killed, perhaps only moments ago, before their very eyes!

Elf fingers
 - Not literally elf fingers, but some rolled up meat on a stick! Any self respecting society must attempt to make sids off of the demise and dismemberment of certain race groups.

Something to the equivelent of peanuts
 - What's a decent sport without a crowd full of beer drinking, peanut-eating men? Not a decent sport, I can tell you that much for sure! And, probably Canadian to boot!
(Sorry, had to do it. I'm aware that many, many Arm players are Canadian so, please, it was a joke. Don't ride down here in your dog sleds and pour syrup in my hair.)

Who knows? Maybe the 'Nakki arena could be where Zalanthas first invents the sandwhich. (I've seen it RP'd, but I don't believe I've seen it coded)
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

This, sir, is a wonderful idea.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Heheheh...Myself and one other person were the ones that started sammiches, I think.  Later, the staff said that sammiches were kinda unzalanthan, so those items were taken out.  Oh well.  Still, there were coded sammiches for a while.

Still, I like the idea of having venders wandering the stands of the Arena in Allanak.  I think it would fit the mood quite a bit.  They should sell some booze and some food, horribly overpriced of course...one for the noble's  stands and another one or two for the commoners' stands.  Hell, I'd be willing to write them up and come up with a list of food/drink for each to have, if the staff would be willing to implement them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Some years back, I recall a Naki Templar who made a practice of readying food in advance of his games and employing urchin PCs to distribute.  I got a kick out of it.

Not everything has to be handled with a coded vendor.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Isn't there a guy like this at Luirs?

Yup, maybe it's about time he put in for a transfer...
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The guy in Luir's was actually written up for an RPT at the Luir's fighting pits
a couple of years ago, they just moved him afterward and he's been a fixture
every since.  Even survived those f'ing mantis ;)

Vendors at RPT's = Good idea.

I think this is a cool idea, but maybe should be started by a PC.

I think this is a great idea, and should definitely be filled by enterprising PCs until some overpriced NPC vendors can be put in, but let them not be supported by any house, so that PCs can still do it at a fair price and make good 'sid without having some house cut their fingers off.

It wouldn't be viable for a PC at all unless we started having arena events every few RL days.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Arena events every few days would be pretty cool. Of course, tedious for the imms.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Quote from: "Cegar"Arena events every few days would be pretty cool. Of course, tedious for the imms.

I -think- everything in the arena is controlled by templar pc's from releasing creatures to opening gates ect.

Jarod

RPTs are great fun, but the majority of them require no small amount of work and planning - even the small ones.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I've seen arena events that basically went like this:

Noble: I'm bored, Lord Templar Buttbottom. Let's throw some gith into the arena.

Templar: Fantastic idea, Lady Bottombutt! We'll see if that gladiator fellow is around.

Of course, there's a line to toe. You do these things too often and they become old hat - people stop going. I'd like to see them happen more often than they do now, though.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I wonder if it's viable to have coded arena matches going on on every Xweekday. So say, every Dzeda during High Sun, a series of matches automatically proceed for a couple of IG hours. It shouldnt be extremely glamorous, with fewer extraordinary rare critters so the PC lead arena events are more popular.

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"It wouldn't be viable for a PC at all unless we started having arena events every few RL days.

It wouldn't work if his whole career was supposed to be as an arena vendor, but it could work if arena vending was just something he did for a quick profit when the opportunity arises.  

- He could also work other events, or be one of those wandering salesmen you see in some areas, "Flatbread here, get your flatbread!  5 'sids per slice!  Stuffed Kalen fruit, get 'em while they're hot!"  As his cooking skill increases he might expand to meat pies and rat onna stick.   :)   I'm pretty sure there are some tray type objects around that would be perfect for a street vendor.

- You could have a regular job, and vending snacks could just be a way to make $$$ in your spare time.  Naturtally the feasability of this would depend on what your job was, who you worked for, and how rigid your schedual was.

- Or she might be a generic independant merchant who makes, trades and sells all sorts of things.  Durring Arena matches and other public events she sells fresh food.  Other times she might sell stone incense burners, or trade poisons up north.  Whatever turns a coin.

All it would take is a little planning.  If you are going to sell drinks you need containers fill on site, or a way to carry a dozen mugs full of ale around town without spilling any.  Sure, people may have their own containers that you can fill from your barrel, but then portion control becomes a problem.  If you are going to prepare the food yourself (potentially much more profitable than buying prepared food) then you will have to start working ahead of time to have everthing ready in time for the event.  A merchant license would also be a good thing to get ahead of time, breaking the law at the -arena- durring an event would be really foolish.  I can totally see an enterprising PC pulling this off.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote"And now, for our main event! A gaj, versus forty-two elves, versus seven silt horrors versus a northern templar versus a small tribe of halflings versus a silt horror versus this impressively handbar-mustached man versus this half-naked team of D-cupped mud wrestlers!"

- 1 gaj
- 42 elves
- 7 silt horror
- 1 northern templar
- 1 small tribe of halflings
- 1 silt horror
- 1 impressively handbar-mustached man
- 1 half-naked team of d-cupped mud wrestlers

allright, the seven silt horrors would eat the one, thats for sure. the halflings would probably go for the 42 elves, since most meat in there
the gaj would do his nasty gaj-work on that northern templar, who
would be defenseless since subdued by the team of mud wrestlers.
by that time the halflings will be done with 'em elves and continue
their lunch on the next largest sized group, the mud wrestlers, the
gaj will be confused and fly away. the halflings will be fed up and
head back to their forest, so the impressively handbar-mustached man
is the last left and hence the winner ?

or what has happened when you were eating ?

---theebie--- :)

Would you would like some toffee rat on-a-stick? A meat pie perhaps? Rat on-a-bun?  Get your meat pies here! Get-em while their dead!

Sounds like a wonderful idea. Zalanthas needs a Cmot-Dibbler.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."