Foraging

Started by Jarod550, January 13, 2006, 09:28:02 PM

If one wanted to get better at foraging, through realistic roleplaying and not twinkery, would one need to practice foraging each type? (stone,wood,salt ect) or is it just one main skill that is how good at finding crap you are?

Jarod

Example, if I forage the hell outta salt, will I have be better at finding wood?

since they are all one skill, and one command, I imagine any use of the forage command will make it possible to raise the forage skill. I think if you forage a ton of wood, you will also be equally be good at foraging salt, CODEDLY.

Of course, you won't know (both ICly and OOCly) where the best places to find salt are, and ICly you might want to have some trouble finding salt. Much like one roleplays trouble when swtiching from a longbow to a crossbow and such.

Jarod, you'll probably find your questions answered a lot easier and quicker if you get in touch with a helper or two rather than posting every question you have here on the GDB.  At this rate, you're going to pass up AngelaChristine for the most number of posts.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

CRW will beat him.
your mother is an elf.