Standing at tables.

Started by Marauder Moe, January 07, 2006, 03:27:48 PM

The recently resurrected threat about PC guards reminded me of something I'd meant to suggest but forgot to: standing room at tables.

I think every single table in the game should be made to have just as many standing spaces as chair spaces.  Realistically, guards and aides and such following their bosses around and standing right next to the table should be able to hear the conversation without the listen skill.  If they could all stand at the table, the problem would be solved.

Removing a chair from the table creates a standing space if I'm not mistaken. (and it's late and I'm too lazy to try it out at the moment.)
Welcome all to curtain call
At the opera
Raging voices in my mind
Rise above the orchestra
Like a crescendo of gratitude

I'm highly certain Nusku is right.  There's simply one total 'number of spaces' at a table, which can be left blank or filled with chairs.

And if a table needs more spaces to allow people to stand nearby, just typo it.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I would have to say, then, that every table needs more spaces.  Might it be possible to have designated standing-only spaces, though?

stand at table with marauder moe

You stand at the table, directly behind/beside MaurauderMoe
your mother is an elf.

i totally tried this.

I pulled out a chair from a table. It said there was a empty space when I looked at the table.

then i did:

stand at table

and it said, "there's no  room!"

I think i tried "stand table" but perhaps I didn't.

Has anyone had explicit success with this command?

What most likely is happening is the table hasn't been designated as something you can stand at.  Use the bug command, referring to the specific table and it will be fixed.

Actually, if that's the case, the 'typo' command would be more appropriate since it's a building issue with the table object involved.

Quote from: "Moofassa"stand at table with marauder moe

You stand at the table, directly behind/beside MaurauderMoe

I like this suggestion.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D