if you quit out with something packed on your mount...

Started by Agent_137, January 07, 2006, 09:11:11 AM

...I'm assuming that this mount would be hitched to you?

If so, I'm fairly certain that you do.  I can't test it right now, though, otherwise I would.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

If I didn't get back the items packed on my mount after logging off and getting back on later, my indepedent character would have been screwed a great many times over.  :)

Just to be safe, I always unpack them and save with them in my inventory before logging out.. then pack them onto the mount right away when you log back in.

Quote from: "Anonymous"Just to be safe, I always unpack them and save with them in my inventory before logging out.. then pack them onto the mount right away when you log back in.
Yeah, this is what I have done in the past...not wanting to risk all my stuff.  Probably safer to do it this way.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

You automatically save when you quit. I really dont' think that extra save is necessary, but I will attempt it with an empty bag since more people than not find the idea of leaving stuff on the mount scary.

p.s.
yes, it's hitched. I do know that it has to be hitched to save the mount to you at all.

Quote from: "Agent_137"do you get it back too when you log in next?

I don't have a problem with it, but I always save and make my character mount before I log him. Maybe that has something to do with it?

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I'm almost 100% sure that if your mount is hitched when you quit, you retain anything packed onto it.

I remember thinking through this and doing a few xperimentz with my last ranger PC.

I haven't done it recently, but in the past when I quit out with a mount hitched to me or while riding a mount, whatever is packed gets saved.
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

As long as your mount is hitched to you when you quit, anything packed to it will save.  It doesn't matter if you're actually mounted or not.

Also, if you are mounted when you quit, you will be mounted when you log back in, but your kank won't be hitched to you.  So make sure you re-hitch your mount before you ride off and quit out again.

Trust Delirium, she knows.

I think the mount you're riding saves with you whether it's hitched or not, no? But yeah, either way when you log back in the mount you're riding wont be hitched whether it was or wasn't when you logged out.
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

Delirium is correct.
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

Quote from: "picklehead"I think the mount you're riding saves with you whether it's hitched or not, no?
That's true also.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

QuoteDelirium is correct.

This is more true.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: "Delirium"As long as your mount is hitched to you when you quit, anything packed to it will save.  It doesn't matter if you're actually mounted or not.

Also, if you are mounted when you quit, you will be mounted when you log back in, but your kank won't be hitched to you.  So make sure you re-hitch your mount before you ride off and quit out again.

Trust Delirium, she knows.

Thank you, Delirium.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.