Some Thoughts on Weather....(no....not another storm post..)

Started by jmordetsky, December 23, 2005, 09:05:06 AM

What are peoples thoughts on having weather automatically incorporated into the look command?

Sometimes I forget to do a "weather", and it ends up in funny roleplay scenarios...like walking around in a storm without your hood.

It would be cool if at the bottom a room desc, the weather was appended as a line or two, so it was more apparent. I think it would help n00bs adopt the atmosphere as well.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I like it. Put this in through the "idea" command once already.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I really don't want it to bog down my look command.
So.. if you can't toggle that option on and off, I don't want it.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Maybe, instead of tacking it onto look, we could simply add more area-wide echoes for storms and weather conditions while still keeping the weather command useful.

Clear:
The still, opressive heat beats down onto the rough cobbles of the street, reflecting back and making the heat of the day seem all the worse.

Mild wind:
The wind gusts up, swirling about the legs of those on the road, causing cloaks to flap and banners to swirl.

Storm:
The wind continues to shriek past, the large amount of sand carried upon each gust stinging any patch of exposed skin...

Rinth:
A strong gust of breeze kicks up, carrying with it the stench of rotting corpses and urine-soaked dog.

Just ideas. I like the weather command as is, but I wish a storm would give more echoes than the generic movement echo about swirling, stinging sand.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

don't you get a weather notification every time you move?

what more do you want that you aren't already getting?

area specific is cool, but not all that critical.

Quote from: "Agent_137"don't you get a weather notification every time you move?

what more do you want that you aren't already getting?

area specific is cool, but not all that critical.

This is true. I forgot about that.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com