Poll - Living Up Zalanthas

Started by Yokunama, December 09, 2005, 06:29:51 PM

If you could, which city-state would you to perfer to live in?

Allanak
16 (20.5%)
Tuluk
36 (46.2%)
Luir's Outpost
11 (14.1%)
Desert Elf Outpost
9 (11.5%)
Red Storm
6 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: December 09, 2005, 06:29:51 PM

Choose a city-state and tell us why you would live there.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I assume you mean if we had to live in Zalanthas...

I'd probably want to be a farmer, either around Allanak or Red Storm East.  That'd be the safest/easiest life for a commoner I think.

Anyone who says other than Luir's or Tuluk just isn't thinking right. The Desert Elf Outpost would be a total pain, since we are not elves. Allanak is a terrible place to live and Red Storm even worse - living by the grit of your boots may be fun in-game, but dying of thirst on the streets of some desert-city slum, not so good.

Luir's would be nice if you could talk your way into a cushy Kuraci trader job. Tuluk would probably be the best overall, since you could just suck up to the templarate and live the easy life as a collaborator. As long as you don't say anything to get yourself disappeared, that is.

If I could, I would live in Luir's and make a decent living as an expensive man-whore.

>drop pants

I would make an excellent living in Tarkon's.

C'mere, you sexy dust-covered elfie, you.

I'd have to say Allanak, given the choice.  It may be brutal, but it's the
non-subtle brutality that doesn't sneak up on me as easily as, say, Tuluk
and Luirs.  It's far enough away from the Silt Sea that I don't have to
wear a water-soaked facewrap to keep the silt from caking in my throat
and nostrils; water is less likely to develop a sudden and catastrophic
shortage in a city than in a small client village as well.  With a huge
population, nine noble houses and four great merchant houses, getting a
job as an artisan would be beyond easy if I were any good at my craft.
This leads, in my opinion, to a greater quality of life.

Tuluk may be cooler in temperature and the other places less brutal, but I
believe I could avoid most of the trouble pcs get into in Allanak as well as
keeping cool and out of the sun by wearing layers of thin, loose garments
as described in the Allanak clothing section.  It just seems the most
practical for someone like me.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Quote from: "jstorrie"Anyone who says other than Luir's or Tuluk just isn't thinking right. The Desert Elf Outpost would be a total pain, since we are not elves. Allanak is a terrible place to live and Red Storm even worse - living by the grit of your boots may be fun in-game, but dying of thirst on the streets of some desert-city slum, not so good.

People pretend that they are other people and things that they are not. Why can't we pretend that we are elves in this poll?

>drop pants

Tuluk is the only place with internet connections.

Red Storm East. Stable, productive society, grows its own food, and is well away from all the wars and crap that goes on in or near the big cities.

Or maybe Mal-Krian (if it still exists).
Lunch makes me happy.

Allanak.  I'd rather live in the big city, than the country, which narrows it down to Tuluk and Allanak.  

I'd be afraid to live in Tuluk for the same reason that I'd be afraid to live someplace like Rio de Janiero -- all the dissapearances.

Tuluk, because I'd rather be dissapeared than eaten.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Allanak. I'd just be a treasurer for House Borsail. Making my dough.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

A hole in the desert.  I can read!  I can read!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

alot of freedom as a D-elf, I hate staying in the same place all the time with D-elfs I can go farther then any race got to love it
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

As far as governments go, in Kurac's twisted and sketchy way, it is the most liberal place to live that still maintains a decent standard of living.  Do your work, remain loyal, don't fuck up, and Kurac will take good care of you.  As a bonus, you got all the spice you would ever need.  Luir's is the place for me.

Red Storm (I voted for Red Storm in the absence of Red Storm East) or Red Storm East. Hard life of being a mate in a Silt Skimmer and the idea of sailing along the southern coast of Zalanthas is very appealing to me.

IRL, if I ever find caurage and free time, I will join to school that will give me a proper passport for international working rights on sea and get a job in one of the huge ships that travel all around the world. Since then, I will wait the Silt Skimmers to be implemented for the playerbase.
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Quote from: "Koala"
IRL, if I ever find caurage and free time, I will join to school that will give me a proper passport for international working rights on sea and get a job in one of the huge ships that travel all around the world. Since then, I will wait the Silt Skimmers to be implemented for the playerbase.

You know we can just be pirates.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Vestric Orbital Space Station? I heard they need programmers there.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I'm a bard.  Duh.   :twisted:
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Tuluk.

Seems to be not as hot or as harsh (I'm not a 'rinthy type) as the south, but still a larger settlement.  It's got history and culture coming out the ass with those bards, who are flirts, and you can't tell me that wouldn't be fun.  The clothing is also a lot more fun and hey, in Zalanthas, we'd all be skinny anyways.

:roll: Tuluk is leading in the polls. :roll:

- You people just want to see naked/half-naked men and women walk around the streets everyday without having money come out of your pockets.

>drop pants

I'd pick Allanak.
All things considered, I think it's much easier for a quiet type such as myself to survive in a brutal but mostly honest city-state than in the viper's nest that is Tuluk.

If you annoy a templar in Allanak, you can usually offer whatever bribe or apology you can come up with before (if at all) needing to face their wrath.  If you annoy a templar in Tuluk, you're likely to disappear before ever realizing you said something wrong.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Apologies for the minor derailment, but:

QuoteSince then, I will wait the Silt Skimmers to be implemented for the playerbase.

Koala, you should consider emailing the mud about it.  Not everything
that is implemented on Arm is announced, and they've always been more
than willing to work with me on an odd concept.  If enough people voiced
their opinions in favor, you might start to see the results you want.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Tuluk.  I want wings.  And a tail.  Um. . .

Okay, no.  I voted Luir's.  I'd sell my soul to the Kuracs in a heartbeat and measure the rest of my short, violent life by the knot.

Quote from: "jstorrie"The Desert Elf Outpost would be a total pain, since we are not elves.

Minor quibble & derail.. it's the Blackwing Outpost, not the "Desert Elf Outpost", and is not exclusively elvish.  Human nomads and traders pass through all the time, virtually.  I would go so far as to write up several human and maybe a couple half-elven NPCs if it would help dispell this popular myth.

It would still suck to live in full-time because there are no true lodgings.  It is a trading post, and not a village.  Regardless, it is not an "elf only" club in those walls.  Elves there are happy to take your sid regardless of who you are.

And I would still live in Luir's.  No oppressive city-state rule, and the brutal justice means a low crime rate.  Suck up to the Kuraci and you simply have it made in the shade.  Plus there's alcohol, spice, and whores.