Started by I, November 01, 2005, 11:16:54 PM

Add another section to belts?

Yes.
19 (54.3%)
No.
16 (45.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: November 01, 2005, 11:16:54 PM

I think that the belts should be able to hold more things, for example, I had a gourd that could be hooked onto a belt and two knives, I could sheath one knife and the gourd or both knives, but not all three. :evil:  I would seem to think that if I had two knives and a waterbottle, I could attach them all to a belt, tie the bottle and stick the knives between the belt and me.Even only one more spot to be able to have something would be great.

Agree?
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

At some point I think enough is enough.  People are able to stack tons of crap on their bodies to the point that it's close enough to the walking armory scenario as is, let alone adding more.

If any slots/changes to inventory were made I'd like to see the face divided up into the eyes and the jaw or something, so you could wear things over the eyes and still wear a bandana or something to keep the sand out of your mouth.

I'd want it to give some serious drawbacks though, if you see some guy wearing a greataxe, 2 longswords, and a spear on his belt go walking past.

I really think it would be useful for pouches. (which I think need to be used more, IMO)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

batman
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Personally, I wish the default number of slots on a belt was three.  Three is the magic number for two weapons a pouch, which seems to be a very reasonable amount to hold, in my opinion.  That said, I believe I recall hearing ages back that there was some archaic coded reason that kept the number of belt slots limited to two without some serious code work.

I like 3 myself, knife/sword/pouch. Back sheathing is not cool. Of course, there will always be deviants who will be wearing 3 maces on their belts and their hammer back sheathed. Maybe make the pouch space a unique one, so instead of making it 3 spaces, just add a pouch space for the belt.

2 weapon space + pouch space

Quote from: "Manhattan"batman

If you special app for a man clad in grey/black and wear tights/mask and his underwear outside, I'm sure the staff will help with the belt and the kankmobile  :P
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there belts that you can load more than two of the proper items into?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Not as in "sheathe x" or "wear X belt" for things larger than knives and pouches.

the issue in this thread is valid.

Don't you think it would be a bit cumbersome to hang a sword on each hip, one in front, one in back, and others in between?  You'd have trouble walking.

Pouches, I can understand, but those would get in the way as well eventually.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I consider everything to be cumbersome.  I hate backpacks.  Cloaks are like, cool, but imagine always tripping over it.  Bags, pouches, wristwraps, hats, jewelry, so much fucking armor...it's all such a HASSLE.  I can't imagine walking around in all this shit every day.  But my characters seem to like it so I will be merciful and not force them to run around naked.

Then again, I love typing l self and seeing a page-long scroll of wear locations all filled up and decadent.  

So for this reason, and the fact that I want to be able to eschew with a backpack (ugh) and still retain dual wield, I say yes.  Do it.  DOOO IT.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Get yourself a pouched belt, knifebelt, or other thing that fits your needs. Having a pouched belt, 2 weapons and a separate belt pouch sounds quite silly to me.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

you could wear a pouched belt around your waist, and then a sword belt around your belt area. And since waist is covered by most body wearable clothing, you won't look like a retard with two belts until you strip for mudsex.

Quote from: "Agent_137"you could wear a pouched belt around your waist, and then a sword belt around your belt area. And since waist is covered by most body wearable clothing, you won't look like a retard with two belts until you strip for mudsex.

But if I do this I can't attach my non-weapon shit, I like the idea of two weapon slots and then an 'other' slot.
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Anael wrote:
QuoteGet yourself a pouched belt, knifebelt, or other thing that fits your needs.
Agent_137 wrote:
Quoteyou could wear a pouched belt around your waist, and then a sword belt around your belt area.
Okay. I will as soon as pouched belts stop costing 200 'sid.
Just because something is nifty OOCly doesn't mean it should cost an arm and a leg ICly. There's the same problem with wristsheaths, boots that can act as containers... all kinds of stuff that shouldn't cost as much as it does.
But that's another issue.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

If my character's belt had another slot, I'd use it to get a closeable peltpouch so I could get rid of  the other belt I use to hold my money and other valuables, or I'd get another bag for the belt, so I could lose the backpack.  Currently, I wear a bag and a quiver on my belt.  The bag holds basic survival material while I pack my backpack onto my kank.

Not all the uses for another slot would be simply for another weapon.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Okay speeking on this theres another problem with belts... a old charactor of mine had a spear and a long sword i put them both on belt no prob but thats it that is a problem i mean a spear on a belt when he was like 6' 1'' or somthing with a long sword.

Im saying the belt should have a shape/size/weight restrition... (dont mind spelling) like say a normal belt can hold 5 points worth of stuff a spear is like 4 and a long sword is about 3... thats messed up!

Now the water thing for the belt... well lets see 1-2 points for the water container lets say 2 then u have a dagger that takes 1 and a smallish sword that takes 2 and there a simple belt can hold all that or u could stock on water or throwing knives and have 5 to a belt ,or the mud could get belts desined for curtain things like a belt with like 7 mini sheaths for throwing objects.
Whats the orb in the sky?"/"That right there... that orb is called the SUN."/"Oh I have heard so much about it."

*Looking at the above post* D'oh?!
Hey, there are non-native English speaking players here.. If you don't spell correctly, we cannot understand what you are saying at all.
About the size restriction... Err.. I don't know about the DIKU codebase's mechanics but, since it's written in C... Probably adding a new restriction wouldn't suck.. But there's the other side of the coin; I believe we have nearly millions of belts in the game's database. Who's going to fix all?
Let me give a simple example for my next point. If you're a ranger, you may get 20 arrows, head to the nearest *insert non-aggie creature here*, shoot all at it, then go near it and idly collect your arrows. Then you can move away a bit and shoot again.
The example above is an example to what the code allows. We can do that, but this doesn't mean we should do that. 'The code allows me' excuse shouldn't work in ARM, because the staff wants to believe we have our own minds and may think about what's right and what's wrong.
So if you think it's impossible to sheathe a ten-foot pole to a belt; do not. Less work for staff, more they can work on important things, like.. err.. forcefeeding!
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

It was about 12 at night when I was typing above... so yeah I was sleepy.

The thing you said about RPing the belt well not going to work the mass about of people won't care what one guy says unless your like...somebody. And I like the shape/weight/size thing if that would take to long how about just size like the point system ,or even just like for bigger belts 3 slots. Its like so my thin belt can hold as much weapons as your sword belt thats made for swords!?

P.S. Don't mind spelling mistakes| just to make what ever his name is mad lol...
Whats the orb in the sky?"/"That right there... that orb is called the SUN."/"Oh I have heard so much about it."

No.

There are a plethora of clothes available that function as containers.  I'd much rather you stash your coin purse in your wrist wrap, your keyring in your pants, and your extra dagger in your vest, then create a Zalanthan ammo belt.

On a related note, I'd love to see more cheap belts in the cities.  At least in Allanak, it can be a pain as a newbie trying to find an inexpensive belt to just tuck your dagger or purse in.

I would hate to see someone stash a coinpurse in their wristwrap. Wristwraps are for lockpicks or keys. A dagger is even too much.