Weight of a stable ticket.

Started by Sephiroto, October 26, 2005, 07:17:00 PM

How much do stable tickets weigh?  How can they be so heavy as to raise your encumberance to the next level?

See, what happens is, all stablemasters are very, very specialized magickers... when you rent your kank, they just polymorph that kank into a ticket with the same mass but less volume.

Or, it could just be that you were juuuuuuuuuust on the edge of one encumberance level, and the .1 stones of the stable ticket or however much it weighed just bumped you ahead to the next adjective in the code.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Perhaps you were already on the cusp of reaching the next level of encumberance? Things that are very light are still capable of notching your encumberance level a point I think.

On the matter of stones, how much is a stone in lbs or kilos?

I've been under the impression since I began playing the game that a stable ticket was a small strip of leather weighing no more say twenty-five grams.

One stone is a kilogram, and one tenstone is ten kilograms.

I've always thought that one stone was the coded minimum limit for object's weight.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"One stone is a kilogram, and one tenstone is ten kilograms.

I've always thought that one stone was the coded minimum limit for object's weight.

And when you had fifty feathers it weighed 50 stones?  Nope.  They have changed the code to give smaller than one stone weights.  Perhaps they just overlooked the 'ticket' item?  Or perhaps you were just on the cusb of the next weight status level...

Best bet is to bug it in game.  Make sure you 'Bug Ticket blah blah blah'.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The mount ticket provided by the stables in Allanak weights a tenth of a stone.  If you find a ticket that you feel confident weighs far too much, please typo it; it will be reviewed and repaired.

That said, if the limit for "easily managable" is 50.0 stones, and you're carrying 49.9 stones, after which you trade your mount for a ticket, the encumberance message you see when you type "stat" will still be "easily managable" even though the item that pushed you over the edge weights only 1/10 of a stone.  The math is very predictable and straightforward, and you shouldn't interpret this change as an indicator of the net weight of a specific item.

-- X