new command: store

syntax:
storeable arrow 7.chest
storeable skin 3.bag

store skin      -> will do the same as put skin 3.bag
store arrow   -> will do the same as put arrow 7.chest

in a warehouse, store <itemtype> will automagically sort the item
into the correct chest.

might solve the messed-warehouse problem?

---theebie---

This could easily be accomplished by a client software program, to be honest.  For instance, use #alias if you use tintin.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

no, the sense would be:

quartermaster gangool simplebag can use:

storeable arrow 3.bag
storeable skin 5.bag

and therefor create something ALL player automatically use when
they put in stuff

and the hunters use

store skin
store skin
store skin...

I just did something that I'm proud of (and probably the rest of you have been doing for ages) speaking of aliases (and derailing slightly).

On reboots the ldescs of dropped objects gets reset - a real PIA to pick up everything in your room and redesc it.

So I made an alias FIXROOM and stacked a bunch of redescing commands in there.  Works great.

Guess you could have one alias for each room you needed to redesc.

8)
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

It is easy to keep a storeroom clean when only one or two people use it, it is when you have many people all dumping stuff, some of whom are new to that compound or just visiting from another branch of the clan, that things get messy.  Theebie's idea could help with this problem.

In some cases tidy people could work with their clan imms to rename some of the generic containers, entirely eliminating the 3.chest, 4.chest, 7.chest syndrome.  Instead of storing the leaves and flowers you find in a chest, store them in an Herbalist's Cupboard (which is exactly like a chest, except fot the description).  Don't jab those hides into a chest, they'll rot!  Hang the skins on a Rack of Hides (also exactly like a chest except for the description).  Armor goes on an Armor Stand, weapons go on a Weapons Rack, arrows and bits of arrows go in the Fletchery Rack, and so on.  Messy people are more likely to put things in the right place if the names make it obvious what goes where.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

yes, AC, and that also solves the ever pain in the ass of the chests rearranging themselves numerically with each reset.

Sure, you were 1.chest last week, but now you're 6.chest! TOUGH LUCK ROOKIE.

It helps that there are something like a dozen different kinds of chests already coded into the crafting system.

Just have the sword-carved chest, the tregil-carved chest, the Halaster-carved chest, the chest-carved chest,* etc.

*boobies!
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

tregil carved chest helps way less than

'store skin'

since you'd have to know that tregil is skin and gurth is knives ...

A few commands for crafting hall and sorting ease...

:arrow: locate
Syntax: locate <object>
Searches all non-hidden containers in the room for object. "Locate skin" might return something like...

>locate skin
You begin searching the room for skin.

<some delay happens>

There are 3 skins in a tree-carved chest.
There are 5 skins in a moose-carved chest.
etc..

:arrow: Multi-keywording
Basically replaces the need for 2.chest, 3.chest by allowing you to specify more than one keyword for an object. So you could "get tanned.skin pack" and "put skin tree.chest". You could also "get all.skin pack".

This would be neat and convenient, but I think people can get by without them too.[/code]
subdue thread
release thread pit

How about another use for the title command?

Title chest spearchest.
Title box shardbag

Something like that?

Proxie
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

Either, or, or both would work. I think.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime