Crime Code

Started by Snapdragon, October 08, 2005, 07:52:52 PM

this might be in the wrong place but oh well.   My question is this.  If I have an apartment in my home city, and my friend and I decide to pratcie sparing...is the crime code activated inside an apartment.  I understand that I can find out in game, however I don't want to be killed for no reason.  And as IC info can not be taken between characters, I was wondering if anyone knew.
Obscurity is the refuge of the weak.

I really don't see why you would want to be sparring within your apartment. It's filled with furniture, maybe not much but a bed atleast and there probably wouldn't be all that much room in there to train. Just my thought though. Would you want to risk ruining your apartment anyways?
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

Quote from: "Mudder"I really don't see why you would want to be sparring within your apartment. It's filled with furniture, maybe not much but a bed atleast and there probably wouldn't be all that much room in there to train. Just my thought though. Would you want to risk ruining your apartment anyways?

That's probably the best answer I've ever read for that question.  Mudder, I love you.  You're so right.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I don't see a problem with training in an apartment, especially if it's decent sized. It's likely more than one room if you're going to be sparring, just so you can flee without leaving your door open. If the apartment is sparsely furnished (granted, I have little concept of the actual physical size of the apartment), you could have enough room to swing a sword around. A lot would depend on what you're going to be training for, too. It might not be the best replication of a hunting enviroment, but if you're a more urban fighter, learning to fight in furnished rooms with low ceilings might be a good idea.

Just my opinion. Again, I might be picturing the apartments incorrectly.

As far as the original question, I don't know for a fact either way, personally. But from my understanding, the crim code represents the virtual population squealing when you're up to shit. As apartments are mostly used for mad, crazy mudsex, I'd hope the virtual population doesn't hang out in apartments too often.
That's just my inexperienced outlook on the matter.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Some apartments as literally just a stone room, in that case no problem. No crim code. But if your training with real weapons don't be surprised if you accidently slash off your friend's hand or something then finds he actually has a stump coded suddenly. ;-)
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I would be real leery about training in an apartment, especially if it is one of those small one roomed apartments.  If you have a bigger place and it doesn't have furniture, I could buy it.  If it is a small place, I think you risk pissing off your landlord and the people around you.  I would probably e-mail the admin and ask them what they think of sparring in you apartment.

As to the 'law' inside your apartment, I would say it is a pretty safe bet that there is no law code.  That said, don't assume that just because the law code won't automatically beat you across the head that it is okay to do whatever you want in there.  Keep in mind that you might very well have neighbors and a landlord.  Do anything too noisy, and someone might take an interest in what is going on in your place.

... getting rid of bodies after a sparring (or sparing, in your case :twisted:) "accident" is always fraught with difficulties, also.

-- X

It would lend itself to some funny situations I suppose, blade getting caught in the rafters, tripping over a bed sheet, hitting your head on a door handle as you receive a successful bash ...

In the end you should have no business doing that crap in a community living area.  Being just an apartment they probably aren't built all that well and when you go stomping around and crashing into walls and making solid things clack together it might inspire a neighbor to sick the guards on you.  Find a more appropriate place to train.  My opinion.

What about an area one could rent to do the sparring in?  You could mooch the tavern's "rent" code and change the room description so it's more appropriate (outdoors if possible).

- HK
- HK

There is a place in Tuluk that you can spar in as an independant, if I'm not mistaken. As for finding it.. well, that's up to you.

Heh is the apartments can withstand Mansa's mudsexxuring then they can withstand two hgs bashing each other around.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote from: "mansa"
Quote from: "Mudder"I really don't see why you would want to be sparring within your apartment. It's filled with furniture, maybe not much but a bed atleast and there probably wouldn't be all that much room in there to train. Just my thought though. Would you want to risk ruining your apartment anyways?

That's probably the best answer I've ever read for that question.  Mudder, I love you.  You're so right.

Why thank you mansa :P
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

It is easy to check the code response.  The guy who actually typed "hit" or "kill" gives all his weapons to the other guy or locks them in the apartment and turn nosave on.  Then you walk past a few guards, if they ignore you then you can get your weapons back and it is all good.  If they nab you, well, Jail time for a non-fatal fight will be pretty short, at least for a first offense.

But you'd probably be better off not doing that sort of thing in a small apartment regardless of the response of the law.  You don't want Nenyuk on your ass.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins