Gamesdex

Started by Ritley, October 08, 2005, 02:58:48 PM

I added Armageddon to gamesdex with the staffs permission. So go to gamesdex, and vote! vote! vote! one vote, just one could bring us to the thirtieth top game. There is over sixty thousand users on gamesdex, so this could be our only chance to get more players. http://www.gamesdex.com/
Edited to add: -Don't- use that link use this one: http://www.gamesdex.com/game.php?keyword=armageddon

Nope, it's not there.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

It'd be helpful to post an actual link to wherever we're supposed to vote at instead of the main index. I did a search for Armageddon and found nothing.

Also, come on, this isn't our "only" chance to get more players. :P
subdue thread
release thread pit

And I recall you saying that you thought we had 2000 players currently with the possibility of getting 10000 more from this site.  I really have to point out that your numbers are a bit inflated.

I would hazard to guess that there are fewer than 250 dedicated players on our game, and we're listed in the two most popular mud resources on the interned.  I figure if this gamedex site has any effect, it might draw maybe 10-15 more players.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I dunno, dude, that habbo hotel thing just showed up on myspace too, so maybe gamesdex does help.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I searched aswell and didn't see it or find it.  I did find some fancy mud that has to deal with living in a Coke DJ world.  That sounds interesting.  I wonder if I get free coke signing up.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Should be there I added it twice. Maybe it takes a day to pop up. Also, would you all stop trying to argue with me (=
Edited to add: Your right it's not there. Hopefully it will pop up, I will give it a day. Anyway, for those who do not know how to use gamesdex try this link: http://www.gamesdex.com/game.php?keyword=armageddon

That Habbo Hotel thing hurts my brain.  I think it was written by an eight-year-old.  I'd rather not advertise near crap like that, if it's all the same to you.

I think recruitment efforts are great, but more people trying Arm isn't the key -- it's finding the newbs in Arm and helping them out.  It's about turning a one-week player into a one-year player, and hoping they stay around even longer.

Congrats, though, on having the wherewithall to actively try and advertise -- a lot of older, lazier people like me leave those things up to the more creative and focused set.

Quote from: "Zacharai"That Habbo Hotel thing hurts my brain.  I think it was written by an eight-year-old.  I'd rather not advertise near crap like that, if it's all the same to you.

I think recruitment efforts are great, but more people trying Arm isn't the key -- it's finding the newbs in Arm and helping them out.  It's about turning a one-week player into a one-year player, and hoping they stay around even longer.
Yeah don't use that link, that habbo hotel is crap. Well here was my description for it. (it's crap as well, never was good at writing descriptions)
QuoteBased on DnD Dark Sun Armageddon mud is a intensive Rp required epic text based game that plays out like a fantasy novel, only -you- have control over a character. There is many guilds including: Assassin, Warrior, Ranger, Merchant, Templar, Pickpocket, Noble,  Burglar, Sorcerer, Psioncist, Fire elementalist, Water elementalist, Thunder elementalist, Void elementalist, Shadow elementalist, Wind elementalist. Many races: Humans,City Elves, Halflings, Dwarves, Half-giants, Mantises, Half-elves, Muls, Desert Elves. Become a master warrior who's blade fells armies, or a Assassin who's name makes people quake in fear. A merchant who's wealth is innemburable.(that's not even scratching the surface) A mostly player determined plot, and expectations of Roleplay like no other. Come, and play the best game in the world, come, and play Armageddon Mud.
Rp required
Read the help documents before playing
Some of these races, and guilds are not readily available to new players, read the help documents for more information.

I have worked out why. I think the admin of the site needs to submit it first.

Ritley, your efforts to promote the game are honorable and I hope it leads to some new people finding Armageddon. However, it would be very good if you ran a spell-check on your information text and perhaps read it through a few more times. Typos and obvious grammar errors do little to recruit new players, in my eyes.

The absolutely easiest way to do it would be to use the information provided on sites like topmudsites or mudconnector.

As stated, that's just my opinion though I hope others agree.

All I can say if GOOD JOB, this gamedex promoting armageddon idea is one great one, advertising is everything. And we have us here a great product.

Now, all that is needed is a good write up for it.
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu