Contact

Started by Fragmented, October 04, 2005, 09:31:12 PM

I would like to see the ability to respond to someone who's contacted your mind already, without having to make contact yourself. I mean, they're already in contact with your mind. The link is already there, -they- just expended the effort to make the linkup. Of course, psi would have to be able to take an argument if this came about, so you could psi to the right people.

No, I'm thinking that when someone contacts you, they are getting into your mind, and aren't making a mutual link.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Nope.  Too powerful.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Too powerful...  as... in...  it already exists for too powerful people...

hmm.  shhh..  

Being able to know -who- is in your head before they message you is pretty powerful.  Being able to know -after-, well..  that already exists  in game, but..

You're wishing for a 'reply' feature to the psionics skillz.  Useable only -after- they message you.  I think that might be cool.  It should take twice as much stun as a regular psi messages, if it was to go in.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Ya.  What mansa sed.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Fragmented"I would like to see the ability to respond to someone who's contacted your mind already, without having to make contact yourself. I mean, they're already in contact with your mind. The link is already there, -they- just expended the effort to make the linkup. Of course, psi would have to be able to take an argument if this came about, so you could psi to the right people.

Your head is like an answering machine... you have a phone, but no one can call it. They can only call your answering machine and leave messages. Sometimes you recognize the number and can call the person back, and sometimes you have no idea who just left you a message and are left randomly calling people you think it might be.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"No, I'm thinking that when someone contacts you, they are getting into your mind, and aren't making a mutual link.

I tend to agree with this approach.  It's not a mutual link, it's a one-way deal.  That's why you have to contact someone back when they contact you.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev