Salvage

Started by Raesanos, October 02, 2005, 03:24:44 PM

As of the next reboot this new command will be in.  So, as you start using it, I'd like to see feedback on what other things can be done with it.  Discuss here and/or email me your ideas.

Whoo!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

With bated breath I wait for the day that I am able to use this command.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Neat.
"Dumbass." - Red Foreman

Excellent, now I can do something with all the light-brown pants and bone-studded backpacks lying all over the freaking place.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "RunningMountain"Excellent, now I can do something with all the light-brown pants and bone-studded backpacks lying all over the freaking place.

Quite mudsexxing and killing newbs in your apartment and you wouldn't have that problem in the first place... duh!

On the new command one word: Sexy
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Heh, salvage. Someone has been playing too much Guild Wars. Nice command. :)
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

There is some protection against making something, taking it apart, and repeatedly crafting and salvaging it over and over to twink out crafting skills, right?

This looks neat, I'm interested in seeing it in action.

Shiny, Cap'n.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Quote from: "jstorrie"There is some protection against making something, taking it apart, and repeatedly crafting and salvaging it over and over to twink out crafting skills, right?

Due to their poor quality, salvaged materials can only be crafted
into very crude items. However, they are also useful for repairing
armor and other tasks.

I think that implies that the uber silk cloak with silt pearls is gonna give ya a single piece of silk when ya salvage it. so ya get less then what ya put into it
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]

Quote from: "jstorrie"There is some protection against making something, taking it apart, and repeatedly crafting and salvaging it over and over to twink out crafting skills, right?

Yup.

It doesn't work for me guys. maby im doing it wroung
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Next Reboot, boyo.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Next Reboot, boyo.

oh thx
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Quote from: "adrien"
Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Next Reboot, boyo.

oh thx

God what a fu@#ing idiot...

Just jking , just I was going into shock seeing a thread with more then ten posts that had yet to have any flaming, just had to fix that to save myself.

Are you only able to salvage items that are craftable in the first place?  For example, you can salvage a linen cloak that is made from a length of white linen, but you can't salvage a mug that is not craftable at all.  Would that statement be true?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

No, you can salvage anything; craftability is meaningless.  You won't really get any clue from salvaging an item about what it's made from in terms of crafting, either.  What you get back are makeshift scraps of material, not the original resources.

-- X

Quote from: "Xygax"No, you can salvage anything

I intend to put this to the test on the first newbie corpse I come across.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "Xygax"No, you can salvage anything; craftability is meaningless.

This may be a bit misleading: not all material types are supported yet.  It is true however that craftability plays no role in the salvage command, which means that a most stuff will be salvagable, and eventually everything will be.

Absolutely awesome.  

This feels tantalizingly like one step towards more equipment deterioration.

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"

Nah, use a baby object.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Yes, sorry.  You can't salvage anything, it must be something of salvagable material.  But it isn't coupled to the crafts system

-- X

Quote from: "Tamarin"

Nah, use a baby object.

salvage baby

You begin working to salvage some materials from the pink-skinned baby.

You manage to salvage some semen and an egg from a pink-skinned baby.

Ewwww....gross...
"Dumbass." - Red Foreman

Quote from: "Arabian Nights"
Quote from: "Tamarin"
Nah, use a baby object.
>salvage baby

You begin working to salvage some materials from the pink-skinned baby.
You manage to salvage some semen and an egg from a pink-skinned baby.

Ewwww....gross...

No!  You got it wrong.

You craft a baby with semen and an egg.  When you salvage something, you don't break it up into what you crafted it from.

You can't salvage then craft then salvage then craft.

You'll get the result like this:

craft semen egg into pink-skinned baby
You make a pink-skinned baby!
salvage baby
You get a blue-coloured baby eye, a severed baby foot, a severed baby arm, a pile of baby intestines and some blonde baby hair.

Hey!  That's some nice wig you got there?  How's you get it?

Well, after you salvage twenty babies, you can then craft twenty pieces of blonde baby hair into the wig.  I've been selling them to Borsail for a nice-three fifty a pop, and I just run up north and steal me some more babies.  They're just popping out of every woman up in Tuluk, you know?  Savages, I tell you.  You should join my business
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one