I hate my friend (for the moment)

Started by ANGER, September 11, 2005, 12:43:24 PM

Ok, my friend who I met in Arm and it turned out that he was my friend IRL too, tried to kill me in my sleep when he was supposed to be watching me because I had 15 health. He backstabbed me for 7 health (my character had ectremely great endurance) I woke up and killed him with one hit. He wasnt dead though, he was mortally wounded; so I brought him in town and protected him. I even defended him against some guy who spit on his body. I told him IC about this and when he was supposed to be guarding me when I was asleep, he killed me. I yelled ar him OOC on aim 4 this and he said that his character diddnt know even though I told him who it was and he said he wanted to kill him. So he is lying so I am mad. Should i be?

This kind of thing happens in Zalanthas all the time.  His character acted ICly.  You should not expect your friends to have their PCs give your characters any sort of break at all just because they are your OOC friends.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

You shouldn't be mad at him.
In Character relationships and Out Of Character relationships have to be kept as separate from the game as feasably possible.  It's one of the game's few but important rules.

What you say OOCly should have no effect on what happens ICly, and vice versa.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

You cannot base your OOC relationships on IC relationships.  Just because you are a very good friend with someone in real life doesn't mean your characters automatically know each other and like each other.  Play in the game, and remember that your two characters are probably complete strangers.  It's fine that he tried to kill you, regardless of whether he's your best friend OOC or not.  It's his character that was thinking "He's wounded, and he has money.  I want his money."

As for you defending your mortally wounded friend, I wouldn't do that.  He tried to kill you in your sleep, so do you really think your character would be all that forgiving?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Maybe you shamed his character when you killed him and dragged him all around town like that, and he wanted revenge, so he wouldn't be shamed anymore..  Did he happen to be an elf?  That could also add to it, if you're a human.
Given the choice between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I would have the courage to betray my country." - E. M. Forster

1) You shouldn't be posting about IC incidents on this board.

2) You shouldn't be talking about IC incidients or characters with your friend over AIM.

3) Trying to kill someone while they sleep even after promising to guard them is a perfectly logical thing to do in Zalanthas.  Whereas, defending your would-be killer while he lies on the floor bleeding doesn't make sense at all.  The fact that he was your OOC friend shouldn't matter one bit.

Anyway, welcome to Armageddon.  Better luck with your next character!

I guess the lesson here is:  the next time someone you think you can trust tries killing you in your sleep, they're probably not worth continuing to protect and trust. Should have finished the job. It sounds like you let the OOC fact that they were your RL friend get in the way of your IC decision-making. Him knowing who you are in RL doesn't mean his character can't want you dead for whatever reason.
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

umm, nyard whats your aim? and is your name branodn???

I remember when I started playing arm - I played with a few friends.

We did all sorts of stuff together and the best part was when we started killing one another off.  

The point - an OOC friend is great but that does not equate an IC friend.  The best people to kill are OOC friends because years later you can still laugh about it.

Quote from: "marko"I remember when I started playing arm - I played with a few friends.

We did all sorts of stuff together and the best part was when we started killing one another off.  

The point - an OOC friend is great but that does not equate an IC friend.  The best people to kill are OOC friends because years later you can still laugh about it.

Yeah. Remember that time when my pc and your pc...blah blah blah and I fucking killed your ass (or you killed mine)? Heheh yeah, we had some good times didn't we?
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

7 hitpoints?  Against a sleeping victim? That was a shitty backstab.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "marko"I remember when I started playing arm - I played with a few friends.

so true
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

You should be happy that you got to loot his newbie pants. Welcome to Armageddon.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"1) You shouldn't be posting about IC incidents on this board.

2) You shouldn't be talking about IC incidients or characters with your friend over AIM.

3) Trying to kill someone while they sleep even after promising to guard them is a perfectly logical thing to do in Zalanthas.  Whereas, defending your would-be killer while he lies on the floor bleeding doesn't make sense at all.  The fact that he was your OOC friend shouldn't matter one bit.
Listen to this poster.

dont you bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i headshot"

Quote from: "Agent_137"dont you bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i headshot"
I feel as though you are trying to tell us something.

Quote from: "Agent_137"dont you bored to play always same game since years with his "i aim the feet/birds i headshot"

please wait till u r dead to begin humming and opera

Let this be a lesson to you kids out there that think it is cool to smoke the wacky weeds and snort the poisonous chemicals.

Back to the topic at hand... I think you should be a little mad at your friend because he could have easily stolen your belongings/coins while you slept or just an extra share that you might not have noticed so much.  Heh.

Quote from: "Agent_137"they create ricochet after a "smokin weed week"

While you may find it funny to post nonsensical responses to peoples' threads (I think they're fairly funny too), please stop it.  One of the biggest problems with the GDB is people doing things like that.  It totally derails threads, and just fills the forums with useless drivel, and makes them far less useful than they could be.  If you want to go post something silly, do it in the OOC forum.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev