You were good, but just didn't know... (silly things)

Started by Dan, September 10, 2005, 03:29:20 AM

I remember when I was getting the hang of things still. I had a firm grasp on the mechanics and that sort of thing, but I just didn't get it quite yet.

I can remember going out hunting with another person with one of my first characters, he had decent strength and was a human. I was tired of refilling my waterskin so I just decided to buy a barrel of water and conveniently put it into my backpack.

When we were out hunting my partner asked if I had any water... and their jaw dropped when I pulled a barrel of it out of my pack.

Was pretty silly... anyone else have similar experiences?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

filling up my backpack with bowls of stew before a desert outing.

I think you were there for that one, Dan. heh.

Ha, I used to haul around those barrels of water too.

Not to mention:

Killing 'rinthers for their "'rinth-safe armor pants."  (Yeah, I'm the one who started that whole stupid joke, on IRC, years ago.)

Subduing people and backstabbing them while they were subdued.

Stripping folks completely naked while they were sleeping in the Gaj.

Killing Tuluki gate guards with arrows, taking all their wooden gear, and riding down to Allanak to sell it for thousands of coins.

"Sparring" with bahamets to pump up my defense skills.  Ditto NPC elves for offense.

Taking down non-aggro critters which I had zero chance of killing honestly by throwing spears at them, walking in, picking up the spears, walking out, and throwing them in again.

Yeah, I was pretty much an uber-twink.  :roll:
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Wandering into the Grey Forest with my first character, then typing 'sleep'.  Apparently I was too tired to wake up, so my character was out for almost 10 RL minutes.

I'm lucky no halflings came along, or other PCs for that matter.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

My first character helped a bunch of Winrothol take down a bahamet.  They offered to let her have the first cut.  So.

emote kneels down beside ~body and grabs ~knife

skin bahamet

I waited several minutes wondering why everybody seemed to be staring at me so expectantly.  Thankfully, the ringleader gracefully picked up the pieces and kept the scene moving.

Upping my sap and subdue skills on a training dummy.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

This one still makes me cringe.

My first long-lived character was a noble.  Someone had attacked another noble and at the time you could use psionics skills that weren't on your list.  I figured it out after reading through the helpfiles for the skill, this was back before helpfiles were restricted to skills you could have.  It was pretty obvious that you'd have no success but you could still try.

So here I am and I think 'oh wait, that person everyone's after I should try to do <psionics skill> on them.'  So I do it and I get a response which seemed like a success.

So I stand up, in the middle of the Trader's Inn and have my PC say 'I have done <psionics skill> with my mind on <badguy PC>!'  There were only 2 or 3 other PCs there and I guess they just shrugged it off as an idiot noble player.  A week or two later it dawned on me what I had done and I've always wish I had a way-back machine to fix that.

Quote from: "Synthesis"
Taking down non-aggro critters which I had zero chance of killing honestly by throwing spears at them, walking in, picking up the spears, walking out, and throwing them in again.

Hah!! i did the spear thing alot against a mekillot lol
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

- almost maxing ride skill with my first pc elf.
- slaughtering the -whole- rinthi npc's. (i was playing Diablo II those times.)
- practicing 'throw' with a rinthi which i called TanduBoy :)
- made "get" the alias of "steal" to practice steal. (yes i did it.  :roll: )
- i answered 'reading books' whith my first pc when his hobies are asked.

(i'm glad i quit all my bad habits)

I remember getting a party together out of Tuluk from flints which was called flints and in the party there was a viviaduan, who no one particularly cared was a viv (because anyone could do magick practically anywhere of any kind) and we raised undead (because raise dead was a viv spell back then) and walked around with it like it was just for fun.

I didn't realize I actually knew a language.  It just said on my skills list: "the language", and I thought that was just the ability to learn it.

After bugging someone every time I saw them to teach it to me, and we started the lesson, I started speaking it, perfectly.

:oops:

Oh, and I'll take Improper Ways to Address a Noble for 400, Alex.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

My only PC to ever go through the Atrium.

I didn't know cutting off the skin of something was a clan specific item. So I sold it.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

3rd or 4th pc I got raided and told to drop everything, which I did...except for the halberd in my inventory.

Sitting in the Gaj with half my equipment "humming"

floating around Allanak (recently made sure to add that to my prompt)

And this one was just stupid. Wearing a gem with a char trying to hide from the militia and living in Whira's tower for a little while as a "magicker" who just never cast any spells. Unfortunately I learned about the magicker gems the hard way then.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I didn't know that I couldn't read and write.

I didn't know that walking around with 6 Hp all covered in blood ment that I should proabably go lay down and rest somewhere.

I didn't know that people could see all the stolen items in my inventory.

I didn't know that I should buy a kank.

I didn't know that I was running all over the place, and I didn't know why I was getting so tired.

I didn't know that people would notice me wearing a bunch of Byn gear when I wasn't in the Byn.

I didn't know I was floating all over Allanak. (that one was recent)
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "sarahjc"I didn't know that I couldn't read and write.

Guilty as well.  And the Kuracis who were trying to hire me at the time were none too impressed that a mute was able to spell out his own name in the sand.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "sarahjc"I didn't know that I couldn't read and write.

Heheh, yep me too. Also, I remember emoting walking up to the boards and reading them because I didn't know they were an OOC construct at the time either. :oops:  

Thankfully, I've seen this one done by folks...many...many times. :roll:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D