reborn

Started by adrien, September 09, 2005, 03:28:37 PM

i have a quick question i heard of my friends doing this once with one of their favorit characters.

they made a clone of there char exact discription with some possible added parts

except when if i do this it will be in his history that he though he died and was brought back by some demonic powers. he will not remeber anything
sorta like playing with a new char but everyone else might remeber him.

would it be a big deal if i do this?
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Yes, and don't do it.

You'd be killed for being an unnatural being of foul horrible magicks anyway.

You should not be making a clone of your Past PC's or rehashing old PC descriptions. Unless it's some odd special application, all new PC's must have an original short desc, main desc and background. If you are found to be recycling an old PC the application will be rejected.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.

the main discription will change so will the background just parts will be the same so he still like the old char but new

all i wanted was to keep the short discription  so some former In game friends would somewhat recognize me

No, you just should not do it.  You will have to make a new PC. If your friend was able to recycle an old description then it was most likely a mistake.

Quote from: "adrien"all i wanted was to keep the short description  so some former In game friends would somewhat recognize me

That is exactly why it is not allowed. When you make a new PC, you are new person. You may not associate with the same people again. Not everyone knows that your PC is dead and you have no idea what the repercussions of your PC being dead are. When you come waltzing into the bar with your same guy with a new name, not only is it incredibly jarring to the other players, it could ruin a plot as well.

RP on this mud is taken seriously, so no, recycled PC's are not acceptable.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.

If you've lost a character you were really attatched with, the only thing you should be doing is sucking it up and moving on.  I have never heard of any magicks that could bring people back to life from death, and if there was, that would require the most skilled sorcerer ever to perform, and most sorcerers like that are either too busy running cities to care about rebirthing some dead dude, or there aren't any sorcerers like that at all.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"I have never heard of any magicks that could bring people back to life from death, and if there was, that would require the most skilled sorcerer ever to perform

Or mansa.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

thx for the imput guys

thanks for being understanding, receptive, and inquisitive.

The more players we gain like that,  the better off we are.

What about a character who has the same short description and similar main description but a different name?

Same is bad. You can never have the SAME again.

Now, if quite a long time in the future (yearsish) you want to have a similar main description or similar sdesc, that's fine.

But that which I just wrote is just the rule. the idea behind it can be found in Qetesh's (an immortal, that's what storyteller means by his name) second post.

my question has been answered, close this if you guys want