Chariots

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, August 31, 2005, 10:50:02 PM

We have massive war wagons, so we know wheels exist on Zalanthas. Why don't we have a chariot to drag a traitor's body through the streets with, or as a way for an A-class gladiator to go out in style?
Discuss.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

How do you know we don't?

I've seen at least one chariot in-game somewhere.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"I've seen at least one chariot in-game somewhere.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Sweet.
Well, then we need more.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I'd like to see a few in the arena games. Actually I'd like to see way more PC arena games, re-open the Gladiators come on! I remember my mul way back when..
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

They are available, it's likely just a matter of demand IG.
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

If only we had some kind of gladiator server in which we could all log our gladiator chars on saturday...*dream*
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

it's called a H&S mud. there are lots of free ones. heh.

btw, if you're feeling spunky, the diku codebase -is- free. And somewhere (i don't recall where) you can download some old version of Shadows of Isildur diku code, which is similar to ours.

Be the change you want to see!

I rather have ..carts. kank carts, hand carts..etc
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu

Quote from: "Agent_137"it's called a H&S mud. there are lots of free ones. heh.

btw, if you're feeling spunky, the diku codebase -is- free. And somewhere (i don't recall where) you can download some old version of Shadows of Isildur diku code, which is similar to ours.

Be the change you want to see!

http://www.middle-earth.us/index.php?display=engine

Incidentally, there are two codebases for download: the old one (circa late 2002) and the new one (circa New Year's 2005); the old is an extremely unstable alpha, and the new is a heavily MySQL-integrated codebase.

To complicated......spent half a hour studying CC++ didn't understand a bloody thing. Tried to create a mud......a utter failiure. No point in trying unless your uber clever. If you want to get into programming though Qbasic is a good start......I know a tiny bit of Qbasic, well did know......forgot everything apart from the few basic commands. Anyway back to topic. I supose chariots are rare and expensive.

Chariots are probably rare for the same reason wagons are - they're extremely difficult to make without metal reinforcemence.
Chariots would be nice, but I'd also like to see some palanquins.  Four dwarven slaves and a large fancy box are probably cheaper than a wooden chariot anyway.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"Chariots are probably rare for the same reason wagons are - they're extremely difficult to make without metal reinforcemence.
Chariots would be nice, but I'd also like to see some palanquins.  Four dwarven slaves and a large fancy box are probably cheaper than a wooden chariot anyway.

Also without metal reinforcement, they are probably not very useful in battles.  

There are chariots in Dark Sun setting though. If I am not mistaken, they are usually made from some creature shells. Probably again what Larrath suggests is true for such construction as well.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT