Packs and the dark.

Started by I, August 29, 2005, 09:35:10 PM

Recently, I was sitting in the dark, my torch having been lost and i got hungry. So, i tried to get a travel cake from my backpack but it said there was no cake in my pack. Really, I know that its dark and such and you cant see, but you can feel around in your pack for things. Maybe it could just say: You get something from your pack. but it maybe is not your cake. Opinions?
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Put a delay on getting an item from your pack in the dark, but make it so that you always get what you're looking for.

Barring items that are very similar to one another (multiple books or sheets of paper, etc), I think most people could find anything at all in the dark if it's in their own pack.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I believe it's been changed so that you can ALWAYS draw a LIGHT SOURCE from a backpack no matter the darkness levels.  And now, people are getting even MORE PICKY.  Sheesh.  Just never lose your light and stay inside during a sandstorm.

*shakes a fist at you*
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I like Cale_Knight's suggestion.

I think Cale's suggestion is great, actually.

get cake pack
You begin rummaging around inside your bone-studded backpack.
You get a small travel cake from your bone-studded backpack.

While never being without your light is a fine suggestion, I can't imagine a more frustrating way of losing a character you had high hopes for than starving to death because they couldn't manage to dig a brownie out of their bag.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

caleknight about sums up what I have to say on the topic.

people -know- what's in their own packs. it's not very realistic if someone can't distinguish between their dagger and their sack lunch from their own backpack.

I think the echo message could be:
You feel around inside your backpack and pull out something [insert description here].

You feel around inside your backpack and pull out something smooth. (a stone)
You feel around inside your backpack and pull out something round and crumbly. (your travel cake)
You feel around inside your backpack and pull out something sharp and edgy. (your dagger)
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: "Manhattan"people -know- what's in their own packs. it's not very realistic if someone can't distinguish between their dagger and their sack lunch from their own backpack.

"I know I put that horta fruit in here somewhere... hmm... could this be it?  Nope, tastes awfully hard.  More like obsidian than fruit."
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]