Stealing Abuse?

Started by Frownie Frown, August 29, 2005, 09:21:00 PM

Hmm...I found this one funny but slightly annoying. I'm sitting in a public place and my shirt just got stolen. It seems odd...Wears backpack which has straps so how could a thief manage that if the straps are shoulder straps...also how could you not notice your shirt getting stolen. This has probably already been discussed but it just seems so odd to me. :oops:

The code will not allow one to steal a shirt that is being worn when someone is awake (unless this has changed in the past two months).

The shirt must have been stolen previously or it was not put on after a wild night of netsex?

If you mean the shirt was in your pack and it got stolen, it isn't that hard for someone adept at such 'maneuvers' to take things like that. If you were wearing the shirt and it got stolen...but I doubt that alot. Just be sure your containers are secured with locks or even heavy flaps, and you could prevent some of that from happening. Also, this wouldn't belong in the code section, I don't think.  :wink:
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

If you're wearing a cloak, you won't see your shirt when you type "look me." Try EQ and see if you're not still wearing your shirt, and just couldn't tell by using the look command.

I was wearing it.I like looking at my chars gear for some reason so I knew he had it when he walked into the bar. No mudsex involved. Not in pack, on guys back. That rhymed.

Quote from: "Bestatte"If you're wearing a cloak, you won't see your shirt when you type "look me." Try EQ and see if you're not still wearing your shirt, and just couldn't tell by using the look command.

This might be it.  Don't use "LOOK ME" or "LOOK SELF".  Use EQ or EQUIPMENT.

Other than that, you might of misplaced it with a wrong keyword.  "put black bar" might put your black shirt on the bar.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

*Aherm herm* I know I don't have an account but I'm not new to the game. I think only thing I did in the bar was emote. I asked an imm soooooooo I gonna see what they think. Also I had no clue where I'd put this topic, thought you could steal shirts so I figure it went in here....Now that I think about it, coulda gone into role playing discussions...or general. :oops:  Oh well, hopefully an imm can clear this up, maybe I just got zapped by dem big bad ol magickers.

It's impossible to steal something that you are wearing, unless you're knocked out/incapicitated etc.

I believe you probably did something with it due to syntax issue.

It could even have been lost in a crash. (If you took it off and then the game wonked out).
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Maybe, I don't think I'm careless when I type so that makes me think something else, can't really think how I could accidentally type something in the shirts name, nothing else he has is same color that he would use in typing. I'm sure I'll receive a email telling me...something. Thanks for the quick replies though. :D

A long, long while ago. I had my favorite cloak draped over my arm in game and then I picked up a pile of organs to junk it and so I "junk pile." Low and behold, the pile didn't have pile as a keyword, but my cloak did.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Rather than spend hours speculating about your lost shirt here, why don't you e-mail the mud (copy me, if you like) with your account name, etc., and a detailed description of the location and events that led up to your missing shirt, and let us consult the game's runlog?

-- X

Speculation aside whenever a PC of mine is missing something I have him look through his containers because normally I did a 'put brown pack' and it was the pants my PC was wearing which went in his pack, not the brown boots he just found.

Possibly a put command. Once a gemmer of mine, who had important missions met with two templars and a Lord without pants. I realized I accidentally put it in my backpack after all these have happened. Check your containers :)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Frownie Frown, you emailed mud about this but my reply bounced from your mailbox.  Can you send in the sdesc of the shirt in question, i.e. "a patched sandcloth shirt" or "a red mesh hockey jersey" so I can look at the item itself?  I didn't see anything in the runlog that would account for this.

Don't worry, my shirt has been stolen many a time IG.
Jealous lovers. I'd watch them.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime