Lack of essential items for starting characters in Red Storm

Started by Concerned Player, August 26, 2005, 10:20:25 PM

Having started and re-started a few PCs in Red Storm lately, I've noticed that the NPCs quickly run out of essential items for starting characters like waterskins. Is it possible for items like that to have an unlimited amount available? Otherwise a person has to wait until the MUD crashes or the weekly reboot to get themselves equipped.

Probably best to email the mud, to idea it, and then wait.  If you want to go more... you might be able to decode which immortal is in charge of red storm and email them, and cc'ing mud.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'm guessing this is a holdover from way back when, when we crashed often.  So to keep the atmosphere desperate and grave, staff rigged shopkeepers to sell limited goods.  Now that the game's up for a week with very few crashes, it warrants another look at the system.  That's a project in itself, so my suggestion is to email the mud, and ask if they'll pass it on to the rest of staff to see if anyone is interested in undertaking this.