Random Gripes

Started by Irrationally Angry Kank, August 24, 2005, 12:23:18 PM

LOL So I am logging into the board with the thought in my head of posting how it is looking like a camping trip with everyone wearing packs all the time (I myself don't use one, my character will grab one if he needs to for a trip... kinda like IRL) And what to I behold this wonderful thread that put into word exactly what I was thinking. Only so much better. I agree totally.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

Quote1. n (holding the door open for the man behind her) I forget the exact way this would look. I'm sure others will explain.

* From the room you are leaving, it will look as:

Holding the door open for the man behind her, the so and so woman walks north.

* To the room you enter, it will look as:

The so and so woman has arrived from south, holding the door for the man behind her.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Manhattan"seriously what is the coded advantage of facewraps and hoods?

i never wear that shit, useless.

Seriously, hoods should cause some problems. Said it before, but its worth
me repeating:
(1)  If you are out in a heavy wind, the wind should knock your hood off
you occasionally, just like it blows out torches. If in a real heavy wind, it
should knock off your hood any time you're standing (so folks can hood up
and take cover, that's sorta real).
(2)  If you are a desert elf, or any other race, running or otherwise moving
fast, your hood should fall off your head.
(3)  If you are fighting, the hood should fall off your head, and if not, there
should be some fighting penalty at least when fighting more than one,
because that will screw your perepherial visibility.

- Ktavialt

Quote from: "Ktavialt"If you are out in a heavy wind, the wind should knock your hood off you occasionally, just like it blows out torches.

I don't want to have to stop every five seconds to:

>es torch
>hold torch
>raise hood

That's just annoying.

I think his point is that it would be annoying and unrealistic, therefore people wouldn't do it so much.

I don't have any real problems with hoods, other than not being able to tell my two brothers apart just because they're both about the same height. Well, that and the terrors of groups of hooded people having at it and trying to figure out what is happening to who. Then again, I think both of those things were already mentioned. Maybe by me.  :?
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Quote from: "amoeba
A couple of easy ways to approach this:

1. [i
n (holding the door open for the man behind her)[/i]   I forget the exact way this would look. I'm sure others will explain.

2. n ; emote enters into the tavern, holding the door open for the man behind her.  With this, your commands are stacked so they can flow more seamlessly. I think stacking an emote with a command is a nice way to flesh things out.

D'oh! Thanks, I completely forgot about that. That what happens when I leave for a while. New infomation comes it and pushes all the old, simple stuff out.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

I disagree about the hood thing.  Me, I find it jarring when I see people walking around in sandstorms -without- their hoods up.  Also, hoods on Zalanthas are made for windy sandstorms.  I really doubt that they will flop off every five seconds.  It's like saying a motorcycle helmet should fly off your head because you're riding a motorcycle and those things move fast!  I imagine that hoods are sewn in such a way that "up" is the "default" for the hood.  That is, all the fabric leads naturally into a raised hood, and it all has to be scrunched down to lower the hood.  You can verify this with a look at Google Image Search for "hooded cloak" many of them, you can see how the hood is the natural top of the cloak.  If anything, the wind would blow it up.